SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

Yeh for me voice calls through bluetooth are reliable and consistent. I have never had a drop out from the handsfree.

I have never tried bluetooth for the music however so I can't comment on that. I use a wireless display device plugged into the video/audio inputs to get things on the v36 screen and speakers. This has proved very reliable for both video and audio with no dropouts. Problem with this however is the power drain on the phone during wireless screen casting of sat google maps, although for the music/audio still streams when the phones screen is off so it doesn't drain as badly then.

Hey Pete_Repeat,

What device do you have? Would really appreciate if you could provide details of the device, I could possibly try finding it here in Perth. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, acesofspades31 said:

Hey Pete_Repeat,

What device do you have? Would really appreciate if you could provide details of the device, I could possibly try finding it here in Perth. Thanks in advance.

I'll have a look before the weekend. MIrabox or something it is. It has MIracast and Airplay capabilities with the coaxial video out and stereo out. I had to use a filter on the power to minmiise noise though.

I also had a hdmi to coaxial/stereo box that I plugged my microsoft wirless display stick into and that worked.

I stuck with the single MIrabox item though as it was slightly clearer.

I can report on the exact model when I get to the car though. Was approaching $100 but should be found for less than that.

• Like 1

I'll have a look before the weekend. MIrabox or something it is. It has MIracast and Airplay capabilities with the coaxial video out and stereo out. I had to use a filter on the power to minmiise noise though.

I also had a hdmi to coaxial/stereo box that I plugged my microsoft wirless display stick into and that worked.

I stuck with the single MIrabox item though as it was slightly clearer.
I can report on the exact model when I get to the car though. Was approaching $100 but should be found for less than that.

Thanks mate. I got it online. I will have to check if I have an input slot at the back of the head unit. Coz the input in the centre console is Japanese / American infiniti version 8/16 pin (not really sure which one). How have you connected your device? Did you connect it from the back of the head unit or straight from the center console?

7 hours ago, acesofspades31 said:

Thanks mate. I got it online. I will have to check if I have an input slot at the back of the head unit. Coz the input in the centre console is Japanese / American infiniti version 8/16 pin (not really sure which one). How have you connected your device? Did you connect it from the back of the head unit or straight from the center console?

Co axial in the centre console. Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the right wires on the back of that plug and wiring them up to an rca plate? Would have thought the analogue video and audio input was on that plug.

There would likely be info out there about this, either for the v3ů or G37 I'd say.

Edit: I vaguely reebr reading itay have both composite and coaxial video on that plug.. But could be wrong.

Edited by Pete_Repeat

• 2 weeks later...
Co axial in the centre console. Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the right wires on the back of that plug and wiring them up to an rca plate? Would have thought the analogue video and audio input was on that plug.
There would likely be info out there about this, either for the v3ů or G37 I'd say.
Edit: I vaguely reebr reading itay have both composite and coaxial video on that plug.. But could be wrong.

Hey Pete_Repeat,

So I just got the mira box. Nobody in Perth is installing it. I can hook it up to power it but need serious help with having it connected to the head unit. To avoid static, I would like to go for the wired option. I am tired of looking for a cable to go in my aux port in the Centre console since I don't have a standard RCA Input in the center console. Any idea where I can order the cable or adapter from?

Thanks in advance.

Hi jp2en,

I live in christchurch and not long brought a 2010 skyline 370gt navi model.

Are you based down this way or know of anyone in chch doing the jap to eng conversion?

reading this topic from start there's been mention 2010+ models may be easier to convert?

do you know a rough price also?

many thanks in advance

On 7/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, acesofspades31 said:

Hey Pete_Repeat,

So I just got the mira box. Nobody in Perth is installing it. I can hook it up to power it but need serious help with having it connected to the head unit. To avoid static, I would like to go for the wired option. I am tired of looking for a cable to go in my aux port in the Centre console since I don't have a standard RCA Input in the center console. Any idea where I can order the cable or adapter from?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure on the adapter. My car came with the rca inputs already in the centre console/arm rest.

I think this goes in the back of the headunit so is more work, but maybe it'l fit in the unusual connector you have in the centre console.

I do stress, I am not speaking from experience for this so hopefully someone whom has done this will comment.

http://www.sinergymotorsports.com.au/cart/products-page/car-audio/video-rca-input-cable-harness/

• Like 1

Not sure on the adapter. My car came with the rca inputs already in the centre console/arm rest.
I think this goes in the back of the headunit so is more work, but maybe it'l fit in the unusual connector you have in the centre console.

I do stress, I am not speaking from experience for this so hopefully someone whom has done this will comment.
http://www.sinergymotorsports.com.au/cart/products-page/car-audio/video-rca-input-cable-harness/

Hey Pete_Repeat,
I've contacted sinergy to see if they have it in Stock.. Fingers crossed! Will keep you posted.

On 7/25/2017 at 9:41 PM, acesofspades31 said:

Hi jp2en,
It seems the previous owner has gotten rid of the RCA inputs and put in the dodgy weird Japanese pins. Hoping sinergy has the RCA cable harness.

I think the rca's aren't there for most models, and it's a modification. The aux input plug is on the back of the headunit however for all models with the gps I believe (or maybe the tv I can't remember). I had assumed that "dodgy"  connection should have the video/audio aux input on it though. I read it is probably there for car phones.... But assume it also carries the aux input. Hmm. Hard to find the info. I'm sure its out there. Maybe searching G37 returns more than for the v36, which are very similar I believe with specs

• Like 1

Looks like maybe.. just maybe the cable I linked before might help him. But best to check.

Also worth noting, is the handbrake mod might be needed so the video doesn't cut out when moving. I believe this is just grounding a certain cable, but that might be needed to keep picture showing like mine does. I'd imagine the audio stay anyway. 

See this thread, as it may help 

• Like 1

One other thing I should point out, is that audio control needs to be done through the phone or a Bluetooth remote. 

I have mine setup that when it detects it is being charged (I use a wireless charging bed I lie my phone in) and Bluetooth connection to the car to automatically put the wireless display on the car screen. This is a bit of messing around to setup and also requires an android phone with tasker (so while very convenient, not for everyone). Normal people will manually begin mirroring.

Having google maps on the screen is a great option. Android auto would be the next step up over screen mirroring (mainly for battery life of the phone means you will want to charge while mirroring with the screen on / audio only  might be fine however as the mobile screen can be off)  but our units don't have android auto as this is a very new technology.

Edited by Pete_Repeat

One option also is to use an android box installed in the car. Perhaps using a bluetooth touchpad to control and include a Bluetooth media remote for ease of changing tracks.

Getting data using your phone hotspot perhaps.

Edited by Pete_Repeat

One option also is to use an android box installed in the car. Perhaps using a bluetooth touchpad to control and include a Bluetooth media remote for ease of changing tracks.
Getting data using your phone hotspot perhaps.

Hi Pete_Repeat,

Many thanks for all the in depth insight on how to get this to work. I've contacted sinergy about the cable harness. Let's see what they have to say. If they can do a conversion to English, I don't even mind driving there from perth to get it done [emoji1]
It's really frustrating to listen to music and then the Bluetooth drops off lol

Looks like maybe.. just maybe the cable I linked before might help him. But best to check.

Also worth noting, is the handbrake mod might be needed so the video doesn't cut out when moving. I believe this is just grounding a certain cable, but that might be needed to keep picture showing like mine does. I'd imagine the audio stay anyway. 

See this thread, as it may help 

Hey Pete_Repeat,
I finally got the mirabox installed. However, I am faced with the following challenges :

1. I can mirror screen and screen only... For some reason, my audio isn't mirroring... I think that's because of some sort of limitations of my mirabox may be? Not too sure. My box has WiFi mirroring. May be there's no audio via WiFi? Did you come across something of this sort?

2. Parking brake mod [emoji20]. I've looked through the entire thread and I found its just grounding a cable. But will definitely look extensively on it. Any tips on this?