SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

Okay so I've read through all of this, I'll be test driving a V36 350GT SP in the next few days as I'm in the market for a new car,

Just to confirm everything...

What doesn't work is Navigation, some bluetooth devices, TV and Radio (unless with a band expander)

The rest of the features work but are in Japanese

And one day down the line when I win the lottery I can convert it using Infiniti G37 parts for about 10K

Did I get everything right?

I'll have more info once I test drive anyway

EDIT:

But how did this happen? I thought GPS could be installed extra but the menus still be in Jap but this one seems to have both AUS GPS and English menus.

http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/cars-for-sale/Nissan/Skyline/2009-Nissan-Skyline-ENGLISH-MENU-370GT-Sedan/BC46PZ/details?fr=13&fd=0&ft=7&fb=0

Edited by mkn23
  • Like 1

There is. Russian fellow in Sydney that I suspect has gotten his hands on the local firmware update. I have seen one here in Brisbane and I was impressed. Only letdown are the buttons. They have stickers on them.

Local dealer has the car so I did not get much time to play with it.

I've had my 370 GT since 2008, I brought it because it is a great GT car. The only things that I have done is fit a Garmin integral nav system, a good fm band expander and a Canadian spec dash cluster (I was in Canada so it was easy). the rest of the stuff does not bother me. there is a good tranlastion i got of the net that helps with the rest of the stuf I may need. Like I said I brought the car to drive not fiddle with electronics, Just buy a 370 GT and enjoy the driving experence, just my opinion :D

test drove the v36 350gt today and will be test driving another one tomorrow and i must say they are amazing

perfect balance between performance and luxury and not too thirsty, been told 10-11L per 100km? Like any other v6 probably end up 15L or more if thrash but it could go under 10L if you baby it?

i'll see what this other guy says about an english conversion but i was quoted 2.5k for english + gps today

So I've spoken to the guy that does the conversion.

$2,500 plus GST for the conversion. Includes all replacement parts etc.

For pre 2010 models they require the physical car and post 2010 they can do it without the car, just require the navi block.

$2500 seems pretty standard when adding GPS as an option in new cars, so $2500 including labour (possibly warranty too) seems like a good deal to me.

The guy actually offered me $1900 for the install if I purchase the car, so I'm pretty sold but will have to see one last car before I confirm my buy.