SAU Community

Brisbane Workshop/tuners?

P1@Y

Hey guys

i know this has been covered plenty of times before as ive already done my research, but im wanting as much feedback as possible before i decide
to bring my car in for some work and a tune. Ive heard alot of good reports from erd and efi, tho now from what ive been told ERD are now closed?
Il be looking at getting a new clutch install/fuel pump/greddy plenum. i already have all these parts im just after the labour to fit and a tune.

I tried contacting Sean?? today from efi but kept going to voice mail.

any other opinions would be muchly appreciated

Thanks guys

Hey mate, I use Next Up Performance at Rocklea and I can say without hesitation these guys will look after you in a very good way. They do not over-charge, and in some cases undercharge and are quick to do small things here and there for nothing.

Because of these guys I can afford to do things to my car much more often too now, and I know for a fact these guys are very professional. I am an engineer by trade, and I think I'm pretty good at picking a good workshop without being ripped off.

There professionalism in regards to working on your car and checking there own work is great, and you won't find your car being treated anything less than you would treat it yourself.

Ryan and John are the two guys who run and work in the workshop, and they are both knowledgeable and friendly to chat to.

I had my car worked on by another workshop in Brisbane who were absolutely pathetic beyond belief, and since taking my business to NextUp, my worries were soon gone knowing my car was in there care.

These guys are a small operation, but are good at what they do, and I can strongly recommend them to anyone.

There is no need to spend tonnes of money at a workshop just because it's big and flashy if you can get the same job done somewhere else, with the same if not better quality for far less money and complications.

I have my car in there at the moment getting some cams put in, and needed a fail to start job looked at. The car was fixed within 20mins for basically bugger all money, and now I can get on with my performance upgrades again.

The other workshop I used to go to would have charged me thousands for things I didn't even need. I won't go into details about anything else, but lets just say they need to be put out of business.

Last time I picked my car up, Ryan had washed it for me just before picking it up because he said it was a bit dusty, and it's such a nice car that it needs to be kept clean. That's the level of care and passion these guys have for not only there own cars, but customers cars.

Ring John Desmond on 0438383876.

Just say Simon with the white R34 GTR sent you, and he will look after you. If he doesn't answer the first time, just leave a message and he will ring you back nearly straight away.

They also have a brand new 4WD dyno now too.

Hmm might have a come a long way since John had a crack at tuning my 34 gtt when he used work at mercury.

I don't want to put the Dyno up cause yea don't wanna discredit any current work they have been doing .

But just from my experience tuning I would give it a miss there.

Like I said though not trying to put anyone down here just giving you feedback that's all

Hmm might have a come a long way since John had a crack at tuning my 34 gtt when he used work at mercury. I don't want to put the Dyno up cause yea don't wanna discredit any current work they have been doing . But just from my experience tuning I would give it a miss there. Like I said though not trying to put anyone down here just giving you feedback that's all

I never post in QLD section,

But I will sign in just to +1 that one.

Godzilla motorsport have been pretty good to me i had what i thought was a good tune bar a flat spot, tried to contact the tuner and no luck for what ever reasons, so i took it to mark, and he found another 40kws, cleaned out the flat spot and the car use's less fuel and charged me less than other quotes i had.

I gotta say he's tops, ive tried 3 tuners 2 were shit to average, godzilla motorsport werent

Hi power's got my business now after Dan's shut. Another one I would try is 101 motorsport.

For tuning I've got Gavin Wood but I've only ever tuned the car once and never had any problem with it. Despite the number of people telling me how rich the car smell, the consumption is exactly the same as before tune with more power and response. 450-500km or 7km/L per tank easy.

I had my built rb26 tuned by john at next up and the service i got was pretty good, previously i had gavin wood do the mechanical work and matty spry tune it and they were both great too,

Edited by shnaped_second

Hi power's got my business now after Dan's shut. Another one I would try is 101 motorsport.

For tuning I've got Gavin Wood but I've only ever tuned the car once and never had any problem with it. Despite the number of people telling me how rich the car smell, the consumption is exactly the same as before tune with more power and response. 450-500km or 7km/L per tank easy.

gavin uses matty spry at PITS now (not sure about in the past)

Edited by Nii San

• 6 years later...

Anyone had any recent good/bad experience with Brisbane workshops?

I recently took my Stagea to Red Devil Radiators at Archerfield, It sat there for five weeks and they didn't touch it. I ended up driving it home unfixed. They are a nice bunch, but were really busy, more suited to more common vehicles.

Edited by QLDR31
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

QLDR31 - what did you need done to your Stagea? I know a bunch of us Stagea peeps and plenty others use tuned performance @ Virginia. Great work @ decent prices received_913646642306870.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, Grimi said:

QLDR31 - what did you need done to your Stagea? I know a bunch of us Stagea peeps and plenty others use tuned performance @ Virginia. Great work @ decent prices

Nice car. I was looking to get the engine rebuilt. But I got a family friend looking into it.

• Like 1