SAU Community

R32 Gts-T Absolutely No Accessory Power

Traah221

Title says it all, guys. Recently swapped in a Series I Rb25DET, it runs well enough, but I'll be damned if I can't get any of my accessory power to work.

Inoperative items include:

- Gauge Cluster

- Rear lights (Brake, Running, etc)

- Turn Signals (Front and Rear)

- Interior Lights

- Accessories (A/C, heat, power windows, etc)

Items still functioning:

- Headlights

- Radio and Speakers

I'm kind of burnt out and at a complete loss. It's not exactly legal to drive around as it were, so getting these things back would be most appreciated. I figure there is a sole cause for pretty much all of these, hopefully someone else has encountered this random issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oi man had identical problem with my 32 and i mean IDENTICAL. Ur windows probably don't work either ?i also kept blowing the accessories fuse. In my case i slammed it in reverse too had and the speed sensor plug fell out of the gear box. All that had to be done was plug it back in. Just look on the drivers side of the gear box and see if there's a loose plug or something like that.

040122, Crawled around the gearbox for awhile, but no joy on anything unplugged or loose. Since I was using the cruddy screw-jack from a friends car, I couldn't get very far under it to look up higher. It's sad I have to ask, but I want to eliminate every possibility, where exactly on the gearbox is the plug located, just so I can be doubly certain?

Also, thanks a million for the input!

Well if its an rb20 gearbox then it should be on the drivers side of the box, bout half way between the top and bottom.....i think, it was easier for me as i have a pit, just got in there with a torch. Are u blowing the accessories fuse? Check that n maybe Google speed sensor for rb. My power steering also screwed up with all those other symtons . Ps replacing the blown fuse won't fix it until after the sensor is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I lifted her up and poked around the gearbox, no plugs hanging, all accounted for. So, I started checking everything for continuity back with a Multimeter, and I found my problem. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this, really, but it was a very stupid oversight. I had compared my bay fusebox with every other R32 on base here, GTS-t, GTS-4, GTRs, all of them run with no 75A Main Fuse. Apparently, for reasons I don't want to look into, I do need that 75A Main, because I bridged it with a bit of speaker wire and, lo and behold, all my accessories work fine. Thanks for all the input, though, I really appreciate the friendly help!

• 6 years later...