SAU Community

Nos On Stock Motor

Reese69

i have noticed a few cars on here and in other forums running stock motors (internals) but have bolt on mods - and ppl are running NOS -

for example if your running 300kw rb25det plus a shot of NOS how much more damage/ AND RISK IS THIS?

i see these guys are consistantly running drags, with simlar set ups.

is this worth the money / risk.

my car will see a drag stripp once or twice a year - and hopefully powercruise so it will not be getting thumpped that often-

just after opinions and experience

Dont mean to steal this thread but Ive just installed a single fogger set up on my GTR. 2rismo what set up and how much didi you run and also do you run the shot every gear or just once going in the longer gears? Cheers Simon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have noticed a few cars on here and in other forums running stock motors (internals) but have bolt on mods - and ppl are running NOS -

for example if your running 300kw rb25det plus a shot of NOS how much more damage/ AND RISK IS THIS?

Nitrous is a way of boosting horsepower and torque.

No inherant 'risk' that is different to other forms of tuning . The fnf franchise is not an education on this topic.

Things to consider;

The horsepower and Torque limits of the engine and drivetrain. A simplistic way to understand this. If you have 200kw and the internals limit somwhere is 300kw thenyou have 100kw to play with. Nitrous and or turbo bolt ons etc. leave you 100kw to play with.

The fuel system needs to be able to deliver the fuel.

The engine timing needs to be adjusted / mapped with a reduction in advance.

Copper plugs with appropriate gaps and heat range.

i see these guys are consistantly running drags, with simlar set ups.

is this worth the money / risk.

It's the cheapest way to add significant horsepower to a stocker for 1/4mile use. I would suggest that 10 seconds isn't out of the question with the car setup and motor and turbo stock.

The risk is the same for breakage for a similar powered turbo upgrade, however in a basic control (no two stage) big shot there is going to be bulk torque over a turbo size for the same power and that torque will put more hurt on the drive train and the rods in the motor.

my car will see a drag stripp once or twice a year - and hopefully powercruise so it will not be getting thumpped that often-

It's cheap to do and you get good value for events like that. I'd reccomend it for sure.

just after opinions and experience

Appart from using some bigger single kits on V8's. I have experience putting a kit on a standard turbo and motor R33 gtst. 2rismo bought the bits off me then upgraded it further (he ran 11's on a stock turbo'd motor with a small shot).

My view is that you could setup a bigger hit and get a stock motor & turbo gtst into 10's with the right strategy. No special fuel.

It's pretty easy and you won't regret it. Just ensure you do it in a way that is legal (have the kit easy to remove and install) and do it properly with a plan in mind , considering the limits and supporting modifications you would do for any power upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Are able to have nos/zex nitrous kit in the car on the street but disconnected or needs to be fully removed? Also what a setup up cost not including install and tuning?

Josh

• 1 year later...

Bumping this back up....Cause I'm a knob and have a skyline again.....and its slow

So Cause I havent really looked into anything lately...what has Changed in single fogger wet tech in the last few years?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...