SAU Community

Squattin

TTT

• 1 month later...

Coach T's voice. Man his accent freaks me out a little.. lol. Damn French Canadians. T-nation used to be so good for reading info... Now they just plug their products in just about everything.

Front squats are boss. I found my rowing strength increased once I included these, upper traps got a good stimulus too!

How are your numbers going Nick? I was just reading through the thread and a lot of the fella's in here have some good looking numbers. I'm assuming most of you train for PL comps?

The importance of leg day became most apparent to me during basketball lastnight.

Opposition were all gym brahs, at least 90-95kg a pop and mostly lean...I'm still my sleight/tall 77kg and NONE of these guys could move me out of the way in defense; they simply bounced off me and in offense I was able to hip push them out of the way to take boards. There's a reason a tree trunk is thicker to the ground...

The importance of leg day became most apparent to me during basketball lastnight.

Opposition were all gym brahs, at least 90-95kg a pop and mostly lean...I'm still my sleight/tall 77kg and NONE of these guys could move me out of the way in defense; they simply bounced off me and in offense I was able to hip push them out of the way to take boards. There's a reason a tree trunk is thicker to the ground...

All in the roots, brah

Edited by L33SH

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Easy!

My squats are pretty average since I had 3 weeks off. I'm only 2.5kg off my pb but I've lost my endurance. I was doing 60kg x 13 now I'm doing 60kg x 5 and that's a struggle. Luckily I'm making pbs in bench and deads to make up for it lol

Very strong squats mate what bodyweight you at?

I take it you are lifting for power not bodybuilding? Maybe not.. I rotate power sets and high rep sets. Firm believer in being strong as well as lifting to look good

I'm an easy 86kg@179cm, not lean, not big enough.

I've put on 10kg weight (probabaly 50% functional/muscle) and 50-60kg to my squat 1rm in last 12months.

Legs are where a lot of the muscle has gone. Stick legs, gone up 2-3 pant sizes.

I've always done a powerbuilding type split, I do Squats,Bench,Deads,Military as a strength exercise using powerlifting cycle templates., accessories are more hypertrophy.

Good stuff very solid at that weight. I have always found legs the hardest things to build but one of the most important. After many years of training its only the last 8 months that i have made ANY ground on them. I never used to squat which was half my problem but injuries from football prevented that. Now fixed my self up and squat 150 for 10 reps but i only go just before parallel. My bodybulding training has me doing slightly less weight with a lot more reps with long pauses at the bottom and this has made them grow. put on 2" in 8 months so happy with that.

My training partners legs are ridiculous and cant wear jeans or anything like that. I dont want to be the tailored pants dude hahah

With the 5x5 you will get 200 easy! good luck

Good stuff very solid at that weight. I have always found legs the hardest things to build but one of the most important. After many years of training its only the last 8 months that i have made ANY ground on them. I never used to squat which was half my problem but injuries from football prevented that. Now fixed my self up and squat 150 for 10 reps but i only go just before parallel. My bodybulding training has me doing slightly less weight with a lot more reps with long pauses at the bottom and this has made them grow. put on 2" in 8 months so happy with that.

My training partners legs are ridiculous and cant wear jeans or anything like that. I dont want to be the tailored pants dude hahah

With the 5x5 you will get 200 easy! good luck

I have a friend that is a tailored pants kind of guy.

I don't use 5x5, but I'll get there just the same!