SAU Community

Squattin

TTT

Whole team is done with 8's, so funny watching their expression, pure relief. Actually Max, Dan and Zoran do them Saturday, they have 180kg x 8 for 3 sets, no wraps

Jack did 195 x 8 x 3, Emad 170 x 8 x 3 and Spiros 160 x 8 x 3, last night.

Everyone starts wrapping from the first week of 5's next week. I know Max, Dan and Zoran have got 205 x 5 x 3 sets next week, then 220 x 5 x 3 sets the following week. They are on the 275kg squat plan.

Whats your first week of 5's Nick? Youre on the 220kg plan arent you? Must be 165 x 5 next week?

I don't find the initial 3 sets so bad... it's the pause squats and high rep safety bar squats afterwards that kill me... just not used to that amount of volume... it hurts my vagina

180 x 8... fck that!

Zoran and Max look so comfortable squatting... all my reps are ugly grinds lol

yeah on the 220kg plan... but I want 230kg at nationals...

I wasn't saying he IS evil... I was referring to his ownership of evilness...

you're not buying that are you?... oh well, at least I spelt it correctly this time hehehe

back on topic... why have you retired!? your partly to blame for getting me into this shit in the first place, now your quitting!

at least come watch Dan Green and eat pizza

So Jack is at Chadstone shopping centre, picking Jesse up from work. He walks past one of those counters in the aisle, Jerico, and $500 later Jack has 3 bags of creams

$500

So trust me, Jack has a cream for everything

lol what?

is that one of those shops where some good looking israeli chick or some gay guy with customised facial hair try to give you a free sample of some shit then ask you a question?

Poor Jack.

60kg x 10

70kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 6

95kg x 3

Might add a 6th/1RM set to this so I can start using it to leverage my sets of reps and up their weight. 100 should be fairly doable for a start.

60kg x 10

70kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 5

100kg x 2

The 100 was supposed to be a 1RM, but it felt easy on the way up, so I did another :D

80kg x 10 means a fair bit more than 100kg for 1rm

Yeah but by the time I get to the 100, it doesn't lol

Prolly could have done 105 or 110 for the 1RM at the end. Though it's almost time to space out the working sets. Maybe shift the 70 to 75 and 80 to 90; 90 to 95 and 1RM to 105.

As long as the weight goes up everywhere :)

if you are actually going to try and go for a single, then go

bar x 10

60 x 5

80 x 3

100 x 1

then either 105 or 110 depending on how you felt.

then keep going up by 5 or 10 depending on how you felt etc etc.

obviously do it in a rack with safety bars or spotters.

Whatever you fail on you'd be able to do the next week with less singles before it.

60kg x 10

70kg x 10

80kg x 10

90kg x 5

100kg x 2

The 100 was supposed to be a 1RM, but it felt easy on the way up, so I did another :D

60kg x 10

75kg x 10

90kg x 8

100kg x 3

105kg x 1 (died on second rep; thank you safety bars)

I think the leg press is helping a fair bit with squat strength, along with progressively stepping up the weight on squats. I'm tryIng my best not to lose form as I step up the weight...it is still very ATG...however...I do "good morning" the weight up when I am struggling in the hole sometimes. Is this a bad thing? Indicative that I should be further back on my heels?