SAU Community

• 1 month later...

So..... I still haven't got the car back yet. It's been a bit of a saga.

Since the last update I dropped the ECU off a Haltech, a few days after that I receive a phone call to go pick it up, the ECU was fine.

After a couple more weeks of troubleshooting between Tyler and my mechanic, trying different parts (in case mine were having problems) they found a possible wiring issue.

The car went back on a tow truck and headed to an auto elec at Rouse Hill.

They pull the harness out and find a couple of problems, 3 shorts in the wiring actually, including the fuel pump running 2 power sources.... no idea why

After they were fixed up, Tyler heads out there to see if he can tune it. One of the problems we were facing before was that it was over fueling, no matter how low the injectors were turned down, it was still dumping fuel.

Back on the tow truck she goes but this time back to my mates so we could go through the car again.

We had a suspicion that we may have hooked up the fuel lines wrong. After a quick phone call, it was confirmed that we had the return line out of the fuel rail that goes in to the FPR incorrect.

Instead of having it coming out of the middle of the rail, we had it at the end. So we switched this over and she started and ran a lot better, not 100% but better.

I won't get in to details but after a few conversations, the decision was made to send the car elsewhere.

So since tuesday last week, the car has been at JEM

Adam, being the genius he is, found the cause of the over fueling issue (on top of the fuel return issue)

The way it was explained to me was that the spacers that were supplied with the fuel rail, that are used for the bolts that attach it to the motor are too long.

That, along with the caps that go on the end of the injectors, are affecting the way the fuel is delivered.

Apparently he has come across this before on an identical setup.

The car is also getting a wideband o2 sensor installed while it's there.

I got a little teaser pic from Adam on one of the R34 owners FB pages of my car on the dyno the other day

GEWWSmM.jpg

Even though the car is getting looked after and even with the rush and running around, it won't be making the SAU/RTDC track day this weekend..... :unhappy:

I'm gutted as this is the second track day I've been booked for and missed but hey, I'll be making up for it once she's back on the road.

So hopefully I should be getting a call sometime next week to go and pick her up.

• Like 2

Wow what an episode. I hope you haven't lost a mate through all of this but I'm glad to hear the car is in good hands and that it will be finished soon.

On a random note I found my old iPhone a few weeks ago and I've been using it just as an iPod because its still got all my music on there and I randomly decided to go through the photos and I found photos of the cruise up to the northern beaches where I met you and raj for the first time. Got a few pics of your cars on there haha

• 2 years later...