SAU Community

Modern Sports Cars

evil_weevil

It is good to see that S14, S15 and 300Z qualify for this category.

It is amusing that GTS-T's do not qualify as a Sports Car yet a Ford Mustang does.

They went through a list of cars that have previously competed as sports cars in cams category's and created the list from that.

I'm sure if you ask the question then the skyline would be added to the list.

They have only allowed red book cars and engine combinations though. So no RB30's or 25's in R32's etc.

Shame they have elliminated some true cams homologated sports cars with that red book requirement.

Have to have some ca$h to build one to last one hours worth of racing!

Interesting series, but some of their power figures are out. 350z for example.

• 1 month later...

So my 2A sports logbooked twin turbo 26/30 R33 GTST... Loolig at the eligibility list, they are all pretty std configured cars.

Edited by Noddy

After the first enduro yesterday it looks like another MX5 category.....

The concept is good but they need to get a variety of cars to actually participate.

Interesting to see the pulsars and excels on the track together. It's a shame they didn't just combine and agree on one make.

The excel guys have a far better structure and committee. The pulsar guys have a much better car.

Have to have some ca$h to build one to last one hours worth of racing!

Interesting series, but some of their power figures are out. 350z for example.

Far from it.

I built the S15 that finished 3rd overal yesterday

We also did the Wakefield 300 in it as well.

Fmic

Exhaust

Intake

Haltech&data logger

Brembo front brakes

R33 rear brakes

Couple of hard race adjustable arms

MCA shocks and eibach springs

Cage and safety equipment

The car is capable of 65's but the owner was running in a new engine yesterday (during the 1 hour enduro) which was built just for the sake of having a fresh engine.

Build cost would be around 20k including purchase price (car is on the wovr)

Compared to his lotus exige that is being built for production sports the S15 is a bargain. 20k didn't even cover the transmission for the lotus.

They are flavour of the month at the moment.

I don't see the point of having an MX5 category when they all run in MSC as well.

most of the superTT/mx5 field is Mazdas

8/10ths of the MSC field is Mazdas.

A lot of those are the same entrants.

Wakefield park have been trying to attract spectators back to their events for some time now. But really who wants to see two categories with the same cars going round just with a different category name.......

It's a new event, it got entries, could be the start of bigger things. What's not to like? Hey your hate for mx5s I guess! Lol

Mx5s are affordable and can be competitive. Who cares? Why don't you do something proactive and promote it toget other entries too? Would give you business may be also?

I wouldn't say I hate Mx5's Chris.

I actually agree that they are a good little platform & an entertaining thing to watch.

The modern sports could be a good category but they've prevented a lot of the prod sports homologated cars from competing. If you look at the rules it's more of a class within superTT rather than a whole new category.

As for promoting the category I've done the same for potential MSC competitors that I did for the pulsar guys offering stupidly cheap cages for new cars and 2 of the 5 non Mazda entries were preped and built here for the category.

I hope it goes far