SAU Community

New Skyline Owner In Western Sydney

vinceyboy28

Hi Guys,

My name is Vince and over the weekend I picked up my first Skyline. I've been on the forums since September last year now researching about Skylines and this is my first real post on here. I bought the car formerly known as FLN57S off Jason and am loving it to bits. It is a 1998 GT-T in the dark blue pearl colour This is my first turbocharged car so i'm still learning a lot but am enjoying this new experience. I'm from St Clair so that's Penrith region for those who are unfamiliar Western Sydney

The car as I bought it had fitted:

Mechanical

- 3in front pipe

- Hi-flow cat

- HKS Silent Hi-Power cat-back exhaust system

- GReddy front mount turn flow intercooler

- A'PEXi pod filter

- Spitfire coil packs

Electronics

-Nistune chip

-Blitz Spec R dual solenoid boost controller

- A'PEXi turbo timer

Suspension

- Tein Flex coilovers

Exterior

- Origin front lip

-18 in wheels

- LED tail lights and middle brake light

- HID's

- Nismo front indicators

Car Audio

- Clarion DVD headunit

- Panasonic 4 ch amplifier

- Kenwood 6in rear speakers

- Kenwood 12in subwoofer

It is tuned and running 10psi.

I'm extremely happy with how it is now and don't have any major plans to modify it mechanically currently as this is my first turbo vehicle and i'm still getting used to the power.

Since taking ownership I have given her a good clean and degreased the engine bay. I swapped over my own custom plates and went to Carbon Car Systems to get an alarm & immobiliser system installed. Thanks to Daniel and the guys at carbon for doing the install, they did a great job and I would highly recommend them!

I've also got a Rockford Fosgate P2 12in sub and Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 amp waiting to go in from my previous car. So far only plan to upgrade the sound system with JL Audio C2 splits up front and coaxials in the back and run a JL 4ch amp with an Alpine double din screen head unit.

In the future possibly upgrade the turbo but not really thinking about that just yet, i'm happy with all the bolt-ons and aesthetically I love the simple look. Just thinking about returning the tail lights to stock and later on getting some nice japanese wheels.

Here are some pics of when Jason had her:

2354n71_20.jpeg

9443km9_20.jpeg

9447d27_20.jpeg

Photos from the MTA inspection:

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

When I picked her up:

901438_10152700515230198_1347706032_o.jp

After first wash:

543839_10152702930265198_548054041_n.jpg

IMG-20130401-WA0000.jpg

New Plates (BTW My nickname is Toby hence the plates):

894937_10152706724130198_1260364346_o.jp

And my previous rides:

405585_10151066035635198_1406754990_n.jp

Image0011.jpg

Thanks for looking guys and I look forward to learning more about my car from reading these forums and hopefully attending some events

Cheers

Edited by GoldZilla

Welcome Vince.
I remember that car - a nice ride it is.
Can you PM GoldZilla and ask him though to delete the brand of your ******?
There's a thread about us SAU fellahs in the Penriff area, so feel free to contribute to that.
I look forward to seeing this car - and yourself!

Welcome Vince nice car! I'm also from St Clair. Might catch you around. There is a western sydney event in the NSW section for Saturday night if you're interested in joining in.

Enjoy your new ride!

Definitely get stock lights. Will improve the look by that much more. I had similar lights on mine when I got my car except mine were even more faded, almost pink. Looked disgusting. Change them ASAP!

The boys at CCS are brilliant - did my daily, and it's a frigging immaculate job.

Couldn't agree you more man! Awesome guys!

Welcome Vince nice car! I'm also from St Clair. Might catch you around. There is a western sydney event in the NSW section for Saturday night if you're interested in joining in.

Enjoy your new ride!

Oh awesome! Yeah hopefully catch you around. I'll see if I can drop by as I have a birthday party on that night but it is in the Penrith area anyway so I think I can swing by for a bit.

Definitely get stock lights. Will improve the look by that much more. I had similar lights on mine when I got my car except mine were even more faded, almost pink. Looked disgusting. Change them ASAP!

Yep mine are pink now haha! Eyeing some on ebay now.

Make sure to come to Texi in June, get a good feel for how the car handles/performs (and keep it off the roads!)

Yeah I just saw the event and read the introduction to what a texi is. Looks like stacks of fun from the video. Might come and spectate that one and see what the go is. A bit nervous to get out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The police are gonna love you now welcome my friend !

Hahaha So far I haven't had any hassles. *knock on wood*

My dad fabricated a shroud for my filter over the weekend. I'll get some pics up soon.