SAU Community

Transgo Shift Kit In M35

ECR33_RB25DET

Noticed a big difference ?

big difference, but also noticeable shudder when shift. if you want smooth shift, then keep stock one. got AT check light on once for 0.5s when reduce speed and stop car for waiting red light

The main reason I'm fitting one is that I hope it will downshift quicker when trying to overtake because car is quite laggy so it would make it nicer to drive because stock auto just adds delay...

The main reason I'm fitting one is that I hope it will downshift quicker when trying to overtake because car is quite laggy so it would make it nicer to drive because stock auto just adds delay...

From what I've read it won't make a difference to downshifts, as that has to do with an ECU/TCU signal or something

From what I've read it won't make a difference to downshifts, as that has to do with an ECU/TCU signal or something

Yeah, that's what I read too, thought somehow the shift would be firmer still even though the downshift signal isn't instantaneous, just hoping :)

Edited by valf

It will be firmer, but it won't increase the response. Only your foot can do that, it's how you stab the pedal that makes all the difference I have found.

Should be interesting taking standalone control of some of the gearbox functions using the Link ecu, I suspect it may not require a shift kit once we set up the map properly. It's a fair bit of stuffing around but it will be well worth it, my gearbox is slipping and slurring into gear at the drags, hoping this should sort it out.

• Like 1

Response is sort of OK, it's just the shifting time that is stretching for too long I find. As if you would not release the clutch fully on a manual and stay on that friction point for a second which is annoying..

Craig installed YangLIU's apparently, hope he has some time to fit mine soon ! :)

Worse come worse, it makes the AT stronger I've read here somewhere so not a complete loss of money.

as Scotty said, it will be firmer. for me, only problem is when in heavy traffic in "D" with low speed, then do brake - acc - brake - acc, you can feel some vibration/shudder when shift up/down.

AT check light only happened once but it disappear immediately after installed about 2-3 days, but now it is more smooth. i think TCU needs some time to adapt transgo kit?

• 11 months later...
43 minutes ago, blade511 said:

Is this for RWD only ? Forgive my ignorance, but I'd be super keen to do the upgrade if it works on 4WD.. otherwise, what options are their ?

I believe there is an application for every VQ out there so yes it works on 4WD.

• 4 years later...

Sorted;

What’s the difference between a SHIFT KIT® and a Reprogramming Kit?
DESIGNED FOR DURABILITY: SHIFT KIT® valve body repair kits
TransGo SHIFT KIT® valve body repair kits correct, prevent and reduce multiple transmission problems such as shift irregularities and durability issues. These kits are used by professional transmission and valve body technicians and are designed for normal everyday use and light duty towing.

ENGINEERED FOR PERFORMANCE: Reprogramming Kit™ valve body performance kits
TransGo Reprogramming Kit™ valve body performance kits are made for specific applications. If you have a hard working truck that tows or haul heavy loads, look under ‘Installation Icons’ tab for the tow/haul icon.  If you have a high performance vehicle, look for the performance icon. These performance valve body kits also include additional features such as;

Gear Command™:  Allows full control of downshifting and will hold any gear to any RPM. Retains automatic up shifts in the drive position. Certain units allow manual up shifts on driver command.
Manual Shift Control: This feature fully converts the valve body to manual/stick shift operation – no automatic shifts. Most Manual Shift Control kits also allow you the ability to easily convert back to automatic.
Tuneless: Patent-pending internal calibration technology “tuneless” allows install without the need for additional transmission tuning software or programmers.
In summary: If you are looking to retain shift comfort but want added durability, use a TransGo SHIFT KIT® valve body repair kit. For performance shifts without sacrificing durability use TransGo Reprogramming Kit™ valve body performance kits.

Haha wow, still confused about the kit. I ordered the cheaper one from Summit which has already arrived. Emailed TransGo while it was in transit and this was their response;

We only offer a reprogramming kit for the RE5-RO5A.  It will provide firm, crisp shift that are not harsh – I believe you will be happy with it.  Our product address shift feel, manual shifting will be the same as it is currently.

They only list one kit on their site for the RE5R05A | TransGo

Checking my box, it does say for Turbo/supercharged applications and the instructions list RE5RO5A so was confused about the zero and the oh

I guess this kit is fine and may just be old stock from Summit? (I got the last one)

n8qWXQD.jpg

• Confused 1