SAU Community

R34 Gtt Direct Replacement Injectors (Need Help)

So I'm looking at getting some direct replacements for the OEM injectors for my r34 gtt, the injectors I have in there now are wide open after a terrible tune and the car isn't keeping the fuel up, I'm trying to sell it and want to throw a quick set of injectors in and get it retuned so its better for the next buyer and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some direct drop in top feed injectors for the standard plenum as like I said I just want to spice the car up a little before it goes and don't really want to fork out for a new FFP and fuel rail on top of injectors and end up spending way more than I need to, I'm looking for something I can take into my tuner and let him deal with as I don't want to take out the ones already in there to send away and get high flowed because I need the car running to drive it up to him, any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Well if you're planning on installing them yourself and driving it to the tuner, then that won't be possible with anything bigger than factory. If you just want to drop the car and the injectors off at your tuners and let him install them, then you've got a couple of options. Siemens Deka injectors are a direct swap over, very simple. Power Enterprise 650's are also a straight plug in item.

However myself and many others on here will recommend ID1000's. They are almost a direct plug in item, but they do require different connectors as they use a square plug rather than the OEM oval plug. This is in fact extremely simple to do, the injectors usually come with the required plugs and all you or your tuner has to do is disconnect the old plugs and install the new ones. Takes half an hour if that.

Thanks a lot for the info Honaldo, with the ID1000s being 1000cc will they be okay only running at 280-300rwkw as the turbo I have on the car right now isn't going to give me much more than that. Also is there any sites you would recommend for sourcing the other brands of injectors for better prices etc? Thanks again

Update I had a look and found some DeatschWerks 850cc online which claim to be a direct drop in but im not sure how reliable they are and also sourced some power enterprise injectors on nengun but couldn't see the 34 as one of the listed applications although the 98 stagea 25t RS four was, I'm not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong but don't they run the 25neo motor?

Thanks a lot for the info Honaldo, with the ID1000s being 1000cc will they be okay only running at 280-300rwkw as the turbo I have on the car right now isn't going to give me much more than that. Also is there any sites you would recommend for sourcing the other brands of injectors for better prices etc? Thanks again

The ID1000's will be fine at that power and give you room for more if you or the next owner decides to chase more power or go E85. The ID's actually give you a fantastic idle, and I get around 550km's to a full tank just cruising around.

Update I had a look and found some DeatschWerks 850cc online which claim to be a direct drop in but im not sure how reliable they are and also sourced some power enterprise injectors on nengun but couldn't see the 34 as one of the listed applications although the 98 stagea 25t RS four was, I'm not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong but don't they run the 25neo motor?

The DeatchWerks are also a popular choice. With the Power Enterprise,the 650's I used in mine were actually for a WRX. Injectors aren't really engine specific, so long as they are top feed and high impedance, and a similar size to factory; ie. length (mine were 10mm longer) and o-ring size, then they should work.

Thanks again for all the info mate I think ill keep it simple and just got with the DeatschWerks 850s as they'll be quite enough for now and I've seen a lot of people run then without any complaints, like I said if I was to keep the car it'd be getting a complete overhaul with a FFP, new fuel rail and much bigger injectors but just for the sake of putting a big more into it for the sale and making it a little more appealing I think this should be plenty plus the stock injectors are very much at their limit. Cheers mate!

The ID1000's will be fine at that power and give you room for more if you or the next owner decides to chase more power or go E85. The ID's actually give you a fantastic idle, and I get around 550km's to a full tank just cruising around.

I was under the impression bigger injectors don't really work as well as smaller ones for low end power or the lower rpm range? Something about the spray pattern no being as uniform and misty with the bigger ones. Just how low can you go with 1000c injectors if you don't have big mods or big power but want to future proof.

That used to be true, and is still true of the larger injectors still based on older designs. But the new Bosch ones, and many of the modified versions of them, work very very well. People even get beautiful idle off the 2000cc injectors.

I got these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-skyline-NEO-r34-Stegea-350z-370z-infinity-g35-bosch-750cc-Fuel-injectors-/200906279410?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec6f289f2&_uhb=1#ht_2093wt_1271

D
elivered in a week, car idles and drives a treat, It starts better than it did with stock injectors, lol

They are flow tested and each one has a report, also they are tested at stock fuel pressure, so no need for stupid fpr's.

I put out 320 rwhp without trying with these.

I got these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-skyline-NEO-r34-Stegea-350z-370z-infinity-g35-bosch-750cc-Fuel-injectors-/200906279410?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec6f289f2&_uhb=1#ht_2093wt_1271

Delivered in a week, car idles and drives a treat, It starts better than it did with stock injectors, lol

They are flow tested and each one has a report, also they are tested at stock fuel pressure, so no need for stupid fpr's.

I put out 320 rwhp without trying with these.

Very nice. Thanks for this. Is there a version that bolts as easily into an S1 r33 gtst-t running the stock ecu? i didn't know you could use 750cc injectors without an aftermarket ecu.

No, there isn't. You must have a tunable ECU to run big injectors. (OK, that's not quite true. Back in the 90s there were some desperate bodgy methods for making them work, but ignore those as being stupid in this day and age). R33 ECU cannot be made tuneable, therefore you need some other ECU (aftermarket or a Nistuned R32/Z32 being the choices).

No, there isn't. You must have a tunable ECU to run big injectors. (OK, that's not quite true. Back in the 90s there were some desperate bodgy methods for making them work, but ignore those as being stupid in this day and age). R33 ECU cannot be made tuneable, therefore you need some other ECU (aftermarket or a Nistuned R32/Z32 being the choices).

I only ask because on that ebay link i read

"Kit is drop in fit for the following vehicles with no modifications needed to install. The injectors sold in balanced sets to insure cylinder per cylinder horsepower equalibrium. The injectors are high impedance which will work perfectly with your factory ECU:

Now, more to the point, those injectors in that eBay listing are to suit a Neo RB25, which is not the same thing as an R33 RB25. For one thing the injectors are completely different between the two engines (side feed on R33, top feed 3/4 length on the Neo) and for another thing, the Neo's ECU is able to be converted to programmable (via Nistune) and so yes, you can run bigger injectors with the factory ECU. But you can't do so until you actually put a Nistune board in the ECU and tune it to suit.

Edited by GTSBoy

That used to be true, and is still true of the larger injectors still based on older designs. But the new Bosch ones, and many of the modified versions of them, work very very well. People even get beautiful idle off the 2000cc injectors.

Yep i installed 2000's in my evo 9 tonight and they are spot on even with only bout 15-20km of road tuning :)

You need 50% bigger injectors for the same power level on a 4cyl than you do on a 6cyl. Add a big power target and e85 to the mix, and you need big injectors. He probably doesn't _need_ 2000cc injectors, but the fact that he _can_ have them without any problems might be a good enough reason to use them anyway.

why do you need 2000s on an evo :S? lol