SAU Community

WTB: APEXI POWER FC+H/C & APEXI BOOST KIT FOR R33 GTR

GT1

Guest two.06l
Im not after the apexi boost controller anymore as a lot of people have advised me that they dont hold boost to well on GTR's. I can offer $800 C.O.D for the PFC & HC.

Thanks.

another silly unsubstanciated claim on the forum

we run an apexi avc-r on staceys race car.we are currently running 25psi and it uses exactly the same solinoid as the power fc kit does.graphed the boost levels on croydons dyno and dont think i have seen a flatter boost line(dead straight on max boost).with her new turbo upgrade we are confident of upping the ante to 30psi.hope this has helped with your decision.

another silly unsubstanciated claim on the forum

we run an apexi avc-r on staceys race car.we are currently running 25psi and it uses exactly the same solinoid as the power fc kit does.graphed the boost levels on croydons dyno and dont think i have seen a flatter boost line(dead straight on max boost).with her new turbo upgrade we are confident of upping the ante to 30psi.hope this has helped with your decision.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I was advised that its not to do with how much boost your running but to do with the springs in the actuator. With the factory actuators they start to open around 10-11psi so the boost controller struggles to hold more boost at stable levels such as 15-16psi. Correct me if i am wrong. I do appreciate other peoples opinions.

Guest two.06l
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I was advised that its not to do with how much boost your running but to do with the springs in the actuator. With the factory actuators they start to open around 10-11psi so the boost controller struggles to hold more boost at stable levels such as 15-16psi. Correct me if i am wrong. I do appreciate other peoples opinions.

yeah fair point we have hks actuators on that car.......but.last weekend we set an avc-r up on one of our other gtrs running stock turbo/actuators and works great at holding 1.1 bar and car ramps up to max quite quickly.the comment in this thread advised that it was the apexi that was at fault and this is not the case,as you have just pointed out.cheers and good luck with your setup.

Guest two.06l
I can see where your coming from. If i can find an apexi b/c with the pfc and h/c as a whole kit i guess i will still buy it, but if i come across a dual solenoid b/c before hand i'll get that. Thanks again for the info.

no worries,any probs with the setup pm me as am glad to help out. paul (staceys pit bitch)