SAU Community

Rbe85 R32 Gtr Is Now Worlds Fastest H Pattern Radial Gtr

Nur33

It gives me great pleasure to announce that we are the New World Record holder for Fastest H-pattern Street Tyred GTR on the planet.

After coming so close to the record last year at the 2012 Brisbane Jamboree with a 8.97 sec pass, we were in good contention to take the record, but in drag racing things fail and 3rd Gear decided to throw in the towel after having a promising half track time. This only left us 0.02sec off Theo's time and making us ever so hungry to achieve that goal.

So we decided to head to Benaraby Dragway for the weekend for Round 3 of the CQDRA Championship to give the GTR a run. This is its first run since blowing the gearbox up at last years Jamboree in Sept. Now I really wanna give the guys and gals and Benaraby Raceway a huge wrap for the awesome event they held and the support they gave our car was unbelievable. The track condition was perfect, best I have seen if not better than Willowbank. They are doing a terrific job out there spending a lot a dollars to get that place up to spec. Great Job keep up the good work. ;)

Before I go into too much detail. I got to give our Main Man Mr Mark Jacobsen from Godzilla Motorsport a huge thank you, for all he has done for us, his support and knowledge has been unbelievable without his over the phone late night support that night this would never have been possible without him. Proud to part of the Godzilla Motorsport Team. Secondly another huge thank you to Dave Sheehy at CPV Tuning, for his continual help for the team, his valuable knowledge and input helped us immensely.

Ok to the runs, we not only broke Theo Woollett's previous World record 8.95sec @ 159 Mph which has stood for over 6yrs put we managed to back I up 4 times in a row, completely smashing it out of the ball park.

1st pass - 8.91 sec @ 152Mph with a 1.33 sec 60ft

2nd pass - 8.65 sec @ 150Mph with a 1.23 sec 60ft

3rd pass - 8.59 sec @ 152Mph with a 1.27 sec 60ft

4th pass - 8.52 sec @ 162mph with a 1.30 sec 60ft

With that said and done we are now gonna chase down the next record which is (correct me if i'm wrong) the CV Performance R32 GTR which currently hold the record at 8.47 sec. For the fastest radial GTR in the world with and gearbox setup. That puts us at 0.05sec behind, can we do it, hell yeah we can gonna be an exciting year stay tuned for updates.

Here is the pic of the golden ticket

923221_10151549364763485_1046025106_n.jp

And a couple of Vids:

Cheers for the support everyone, yeah would be great to be the World No.1 with a H-Pattern Box. Would be an amazing feat of engineering on our part, a lot of custom secrets in this gearbox, we must be doing something right.

Here's my favourite pic with the flames out the sides.

68510_4262661179821_1091432282_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, here is another video made up by myself of the White RBE machine. Enjoy!!!

will be back at Benaraby for Slamfest June 29

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/09/aussie-rules-straight-shooting-at-j23/#chapter-a-festival-of-fast

JAMBOREE_2013_4776-800x500.jpg

On the subject of records, another machine that set one at J23 was Matt Earl’s Nissan Skyline GT-R. With a 2.7-litre JUN-based engine built and tuned by Godzilla Motorsport, factory-based H-pattern gearbox and street-legal semi slicks on all four corners, the BNR32 blitzed the radial-tyred GT-R record when it went 8.39 at 164mph (264km/h). It’s rumoured that a US-built GT-R has run 8.28 since, in which case the Australian team now has a little bit of catching up to do. Given the way the GT-R seemed to effortlessly get down the quarter, I think it’s only going to be a matter of time before the Australian car steals it back.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...