SAU Community

Rb Lifestyle...russian Bcnr33 Build,

Hi SAU !

I'm Dim and i'm from Saint-petersburg, Russia.

To begin with, gt-rs are very rare gizmos in my city,north-west corner of russia ,take a glance at the world map and you will understand everything, i think there are about 5 or 6 running gt-rs in my 5 million city.

Motorsport scene is very poor in russia, there are no tracks, good tuning workshops, mechanics ,etc, but worst thing is total abcence of spareparts.

I bought my lill princess with engine blown up, there was nothing under the bonnet.

post-110329-0-67043300-1366972570_thumb.jpg

post-110329-0-93214600-1366972619_thumb.jpg

Me and my brother collected remnants of the engine throughout a workshop and begin to assess the scale of disaster.it was extensive: Burned pistons, scratched insides of block, but the most impressive thing was that the half of valve guides cracked, collapsed and fell down to combustion cameras.I think the car went with it for a quite time.

Block was cleaned, machined, polished and honed,thank God we had crankshaft to polish only.

Wiseco forged pistons, Eagle H-beams and ACL bearings were installed.post-110329-0-05203900-1366973706_thumb.jpg

To be continued.

P.S. Your comments, questions and advice are VITAL !

• Like 1

Awesome, I look forward to this.

If you're struggling to find parts, you could give jesse streeter an email to get whatever you need at ... [email protected]

He is an Aussie guy living in Japan, and I get all my parts through him (works out a lot cheaper than buying through websites or in stores here)...

Cheers,

Benji

• Like 1

Awesome, I look forward to this.

If you're struggling to find parts, you could give jesse streeter an email to get whatever you need at ... [email protected]

He is an Aussie guy living in Japan, and I get all my parts through him (works out a lot cheaper than buying through websites or in stores here)...

Cheers,

Benji

Hallo Benli !

So nice to see that you taking the time to answer and its wonderfull that you gave me a clue regarding spareparts I'll definately use it !

Sorry for my cumbersome english, its rusty :unsure:

Amayama.com are good for genuine Nissan parts at great prices. Their business was actually started to cater for the Russian and Ukrainian markets so they should be easily able to accomodate you

Some more shots...And here amusing thing, the most prominent forum about skylines and RB engines in Russia is nismo-club.ru

My hope was to get advice and knowlege from there, find decent peeps and have a good time there,I started a topic there about my build, but most of the people were agressive and ignorant, i quit nismo-club when somebody told me that "You can't put AMERICAN parts in JAPANESE engine" and he was supported by many...

1eammh.jpg

d44b6bu-480_zpsee3f0f4a.jpg

f44b6bu-480_zpsd8f339d9.jpg

Edited by vulgar_russian

Amayama.com are good for genuine Nissan parts at great prices. Their business was actually started to cater for the Russian and Ukrainian markets so they should be easily able to accomodate you

Thanks dude !

Ive got some difficulties to quote while answer people posts, dunno why.....anyway let's continue.

Then we tried to extract valveguides from head,they did not come out that whatever we do, at last we heated head and pour liquid nitrogen into valveguides trying to press them out - no effect. :angry: So we had to move head to a workshop to have this done, i mention it because our keynote is to do as much as possible by our own hands.

Finally valveguides (their remnants) were extracted, head was also inspected, cleaned and machined for new valves, at that time i had no idea about squish area, so i have nothing to say about it, as about many other things that I would have an idea if read the forum like this.

- N1 fuel pump

- N1 water pump

- Tomei valveguides

- ARP studs

- Cometic 1.1 mm gasket

4hctbm.jpgdgze0.jpgeitjlc.jpg123b0d1.jpg

To be continued

P.S Dudes, your opinions, advice and criticism are crucial for me.

Having complete block we began to assemble head and immediately broke one of Tomei 268/268 camshafts 34nhzd4.jpgw

that was a complete disaster because we cant wait for months for delivery of another one, so we have done with stock camshafts.

- 2 х 2860 RS (reconditioned)

x_47775f7e.jpg

Also Installed :

- Denso 720 injectors

- HKS Timing Belt

- HKS Type R oil cooler

- HKS cam pulleys

- 2 Blitz super sound DD blowoffs

- Blitz Dual SBC boostcontroller

We had also installed mines vx-rom flashed for this setup

x_1d873b84.jpg

How did you end up breaking the camshaft?

Also, will you be tuning the mines computer?

Cheers.

I think something was wrong with camshaft before we begin to fasten it because it has collapsed as my brother just begin to fasten bolts, need to say here that he is certified nissan mechanic working in major saint peterdburg nissan dealer, i mean - he knew what he was doing, but...

No, we wont be tuning mines, i brought Nistune unit from my friend in Lithuania (Baltic state).

Hi Dim - good work and good luck with your build.

Also good to see you on an Australian Forum.

RB26 running RS turbo's ? - you may find this laggy unless your planning to run a 2.7 or 2.8 stroker kit.

Just something to keep in mind.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Dim - good work and good luck with your build.

Also good to see you on an Australian Forum.

RB26 running RS turbo's ? - you may find this laggy unless your planning to run a 2.7 or 2.8 stroker kit.

Just something to keep in mind.

Cheers

Richard

Thanx Richard.

Those turbos we got from previous owner.Turbos began to blow at about 2800 rpm. It was my first experience with RB26 and turbo setup so i had nothing to compare with.

x_74602fdb.jpg

x_bc2a553e.jpg

After 600 km one of the turbos began to "throw oil" as we call it, i think because rebuilding wasnt really good,and we changed two 2860s into one Garrett3576 chinas replica.

Photos and story to come.

I like the determination! GL! Ive used perfectrun.jp for parts before. You can see if they deliver to you and they are very quick for deleveries

Just curious.. What are peoples reactions when they see the gtr and what kind of rules do you have regarding modifications and speeding ect.. For instance, would police care if you have two massive turbos hanging of the side of the motor and a loud exhaust?

I like the determination! GL! Ive used perfectrun.jp for parts before. You can see if they deliver to you and they are very quick for deleveries

Just curious.. What are peoples reactions when they see the gtr and what kind of rules do you have regarding modifications and speeding ect.. For instance, would police care if you have two massive turbos hanging of the side of the motor and a loud exhaust?

Cheers Dimi !

It looks we have the same names, mine full name is Dimitriy (it has greek roots).

Thank you for giving me warm words and for clue about where to buy spares.

People usually dont understand what car it is, i think only 5% of people can recognize it, but that 5% get absolutely stunned, they come close, beginning to ask questions with trembling hands, i always allow decent people to sit in drivers place :yes:

car attracts huge attention, often people ask me whether they can be photographed next my car when i'm staying on embankment in downtown.

Offtop

I dare to say I have beautiful city to live in, in summertime we have so called "white nights period" :

- It gets warm

- girlz begin to wear small dresses and minies :wub:

- bridges begin to open

- its so much light even in the darkest night hours that you can read books

here small video timelapse about St.Petersburg, it shows the soul of the city

BTW, if any of the clubmembers ever decide to visit St.Petersburg - I am at your disposal.

We have many "racers" on the road, when i go to the crossroads to the stopline people in cars begin to get ferment and excited mainly on big jeeps (i dont know why), its usual thing for me, when BMW X5 or Landcruiser 100 or 200 goes to my window and driver begin to urge me to race, often i get a question "Is it TOYOTA?" :rolleyes:

What about police and road regulations in Russia...?

Yes, we have regulations and rules, to be legal on the road you have to pass extensive tests (105 decibells noise limit, CO exaust limits, headlights test and many more) to get so called "diagnostics card" , BUT i can buy "diagnostics card" for 1500 rubles (about 45$) even without presenting the car for inspection, the matter - we have huge corruption here in russia.

After you got this card - YOU ARE 100% LEGAL !

Road police often stops me just to wonder what hiding under the bonnet :woot:

I 've been stopped by COLONEL of police in downtown last summer :

- Driver licence please.

- Take it please.

(reading my driverlicence)

- Ok, here you are...what's your Hp?

- About 460 Hp

- Omg, and all thiese Hp is in old japanese car ?! Can you show me your engine ?

- Sure Sir

(i'm opening motorbay)

- Whats this ? (pointing at turbocharger)

- Charger of tunning Sir (doing my best not to laugh)

- Nice, nice, good luck on the road ...

And in the end example of "racing" (remember we have rightside roads)

https://vimeo.com/65307867

• Like 2

HAHAHA thats awesome!! I wish cops were like that here! Some insane driving there! Is that you?? If you drove like that in Australia you will be thrown in jail with your car impounded and front page news for a month like your some axe murderer killing babies. I love how the other cars move to the side to let you pass, here drivers block you deliberately so you can smash into them.

Yes ive heard great things about St Petersburg I would love to visit one day! I will definitely hit you up for a tour :thumbsup: Yeah our names are similar, mine is Dimitrios Im Greek background.

HAHAHA thats awesome!! I wish cops were like that here! Some insane driving there! Is that you?? If you drove like that in Australia you will be thrown in jail with your car impounded and front page news for a month like your some axe murderer killing babies. I love how the other cars move to the side to let you pass, here drivers block you deliberately so you can smash into them.

Yes ive heard great things about St Petersburg I would love to visit one day! I will definitely hit you up for a tour :thumbsup: Yeah our names are similar, mine is Dimitrios Im Greek background.

No, it wasn't me, i dont like drifting, i'm fan of grip, besides it's BMW, you understand me ;)