SAU Community

Wtb: R34 Gtr Vspec / Vspec Ii - White - Sydney

iwanta34gtr

What a glorious garage you'll have Chris with Blue 'n White :)

Watchamacallit's recommendation of Iron Chef may not be a bad idea considering the fact that Kristian hires Daniel over in Japan to pre-inspect cars F/S at auction or private treaty. They don't trust the grade system per se.

i`ve been buying cars out of japan for 18years now ..there is nothing not to trust about the grade system ...some auction houses are generous and some are tough but experience tells which these are :yes:

You say there is nothing not to trust about the Grade system?

Having been to Japan since 1975 has taught me sociologically, theologically, culturally and philosophically that the Japanese males abide and live by structure, discipline, ordered roles, yang concepts and ethics passed down by Taoist- style traditions. The Grade system should be a trustworthy structure according to the above; but it isn't!

Cars that appear in Osaka that have come from as far north as Hokkaido has happened before - and will happen again.

I don't doubt your experience; but anyone who trusts the Grade system only can still (without precautionary backups) end up with the rusty car.

JDM_Performance once bought one from Northshore Prestige - with regret from a faulty Grade system.

Aggroman once bought one from Top Secret Imports - again with regret from a faulty Grade system.

Therefore, I say to you that the Grade system isn't the only criterion to abide by!

You say there is nothing not to trust about the Grade system?

Having been to Japan since 1975 has taught me sociologically, theologically, culturally and philosophically that the Japanese males abide and live by structure, discipline, ordered roles, yang concepts and ethics passed down by Taoist- style traditions. The Grade system should be a trustworthy structure according to the above; but it isn't!

Cars that appear in Osaka that have come from as far north as Hokkaido has happened before - and will happen again.

I don't doubt your experience; but anyone who trusts the Grade system only can still (without precautionary backups) end up with the rusty car.

JDM_Performance once bought one from Northshore Prestige - with regret from a faulty Grade system.

Aggroman once bought one from Top Secret Imports - again with regret from a faulty Grade system.

Therefore, I say to you that the Grade system isn't the only criterion to abide by!

imported over 200 cars ...2 not what they should have been ...both from same auction house ..rest as described ..bottom line you get what you pay for end of story ..also the 2 cars that were not described accurately had money refunded by my dealer in japan ..same guy 18years

Edited by jake32

...rest my case.

To you Chris, apologies for going off on a tangent!

less than 1% not accurate ..i`ll take the punt ..if you really think that an australian or kiwi car dealer crawling over a car before auction is a big deal than go for it..millions of cars are traded with this system if it was a failure the it wouldn`t be around for the decades it has been.its a system that works if you know what your doing

Sydney Compliance Centre CEO will explain how some N. Honshu cars (even from Hokkaido) have travelled south covertly to be auctioned off down there. This will be done on a Tech Night for SAU Members next month. More than two importers I know, prefer to rely on more than a Grade system ie an inspection!

Back to Chris' thread!