SAU Community

Shaving And You.

NYTSKY

Check out the video link on the first page, that bloke has some great tips.

Damn he has a clean shave!

He also has the same motorcycle as me. I like this bloke.

I use a twin blade Gillette, the head doesn't pivot which is what annoys me about the newer multi blade ones

Also found it much more accurate when I used to shave a pencil thin chinstrap.

I get a bit of skin irritation, I've found it best to shave a few minutes after a shower

also look at your technique, first and main shave should be with the grain, second pass can go any which way for smoothness.

This. Make sure you shave with the hair. So in most cases that is down, not up

easiest way to test hair direction is to have a couple of days growth so it isnt "spikey" and run your fingers in different directions, whichever way is the smoothest is the way you want to shave.

Started on safety shavers when I was a teenager but got sick of the little cuts and mess of the foam so switched to electrics and never looked back. Does suck ass having to go over the same spot 20 times though.

So, no love for electrics huh? My beautiful girlfriend bought me this for my birthday...not sure if I should take a hint about my fashionable/lazy stubble or just awesome girlfriend...

It's a bloody (pun) good shave for an electric, though!

philips-rq128517_iph3w15422441.jpg

I'd be too scared to use a safety razor because i have scars on my neck from a fight I had with wolverine 15 years ago. post-27937-13674879174702_thumb.jpg

FYP :)

Certainly wouldn't have tickled that one...

i just shave witih, gillette 3 blade disposables.

meh, got heaps of them

You Asian; you opinion on shaving is invalid.

FYP :)

Certainly wouldn't have tickled that one...

Can't actually remember it happening. I remember just before the crash, and then i remember standing there knowing something was wrong with my neck. Didn't start to bleed till about 10 seconds later. I had to pick the bike up, get it started and then ride to get help. As for pain, it was just more of a burning sensation

#@SRS13Did you buy your gear from The Shave Shed?

I bought the sampler pack, cream and pencil from the Shave Shed. Have not received yet but I changed the order hence the delay. Service so far is very good.

They were out of stock on the Merkur 34c so bought that and the Omega brush and soap from EBAY.