SAU Community

Calsonic R32 Gtr Replica

JimmyRickard

Calsonic logo

attachicon.gifcalsonic.png

Excellent! Thanks very much!

The car is really starting to come together. Managed to get most of the panels on today with help from my brother and the guys at Pro Fabrication.

1150439_10153125748540301_2116208664_o.j1115981_10153125747335301_1134614814_o.j

543836_10153125746710301_1839585496_n.jp

I was going to say how happy I was with the cheapo ganadors, till I noticed this:

1008690_10153125746930301_1568860337_o.j

Still needs a bit of work but we are getting there :yes:

I still have a set of those rears to go with them if you ever want them to complete the brake upgrade. Might also be getting one or two full sets of calipers.

And yeah i can say they look huge. But pics dont do them justice. They are gob smackingly massive in person.

I still have a set of those rears to go with them if you ever want them to complete the brake upgrade. Might also be getting one or two full sets of calipers.

And yeah i can say they look huge. But pics dont do them justice. They are gob smackingly massive in person.

They look huge in pics too haha - are you going to paint/powdercoat them?

They are a bit of a weird greenish grey colour. I think they are normally not powder coated or painted as they are for motorsport use, and any coating used would quickly be destroyed because of the huge amount of heat they have to deal with on a regular basis. Plus it would hinder the calipers ability to disperse heat.

Plus if you leave them uncoated, its light weight yo!! :laugh:

They are a bit of a weird greenish grey colour. I think they are normally not powder coated or painted as they are for motorsport use, and any coating used would quickly be destroyed because of the huge amount of heat they have to deal with on a regular basis. Plus it would hinder the calipers ability to disperse heat.

Plus if you leave them uncoated, its light weight yo!! :laugh:

If funds permit - I would try and refurbish / paint them. As long as you have some ducting to cool the brakes you will be fine re: heat wise.

If funds permit - I would try and refurbish / paint them. As long as you have some ducting to cool the brakes you will be fine re: heat wise.

Dont get me wrong, painted up they look awesome. I believe another SAUer on here posted a while ago the refurb of his set of Alcon V8 Supercar calipers, and they looked unreal.

Here is the link:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/375439-fs-alcon-v8-supercar-brake-setup-front-and-rear-to-suit-r323334-gt-r/?hl= v8 supercar alcon

Also for a list of the parts to refurb them you can contact a guy by the name of Philip Stubbs at alcon usa. [email protected] he is very helpful. Gave me as much info as i needed. Also when i let him know what calipers and size rotors id be running, he told me exactly what pad shape to use as well as thickness.

Or you can try and find the bits you need on their website. www.alconusa.com

When you find the part numbers you need, or even if you cant, this guy should be able to help you out with what you need.

Marty Beckton at Motorsport Brakes [email protected]

These guys are the official Alcon distributor in Australia now as they bought PWR out.

He also got me a set of braided hoses made up to suit my huge ass alcons and the 32GTR, as well as a booklet of Alcon temperature stickers.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyoone recognise the logo on the front spoiler in white? I believe it says "COCKPIT" but don't know who or what they do and where to find that logo.

It's the only one I'm missing!

Car is still at the tuners, f**king sick of it sitting in workshops!!!

Also for a list of the parts to refurb them you can contact a guy by the name of Philip Stubbs at alcon usa. [email protected] he is very helpful. Gave me as much info as i needed. Also when i let him know what calipers and size rotors id be running, he told me exactly what pad shape to use as well as thickness.

Or you can try and find the bits you need on their website. www.alconusa.com

When you find the part numbers you need, or even if you cant, this guy should be able to help you out with what you need.

Marty Beckton at Motorsport Brakes [email protected]

These guys are the official Alcon distributor in Australia now as they bought PWR out.

He also got me a set of braided hoses made up to suit my huge ass alcons and the 32GTR, as well as a booklet of Alcon temperature stickers.

Thanks for that, brakes are at the machinist now so I'll be looking for parts very soon. Might start out with some supercar teams to see if I can some cheap rotors or pads just to start off with.

someone selling complete cars, but are these the hoshino's you're after? Might be able to convince him to sell. 17's though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-NISSAN-SKYLINE-R32-GTR-S-/221269537132?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3384b1316c&_uhb=1

From what I see they aren't the rim I'm after but thanks anyway :)

Saw these on a lancer the other day though and they look close enough!

c5white.jpg

However there's no f**king way I'm putting Starcorp wheels on my car so I'll just keeping looking for LMGT1's

• 2 weeks later...