SAU Community

Injector Size And Plenum Choice Rb25 Gtx3076R

hi guys, finally joined to the forum. currently getting the last remaining bits and pieces for the new build on my daily driven s2 r33.

its internally stock, running a 6 boost high mount manifold. gtx3076r with .82 rear housing, turbosmart 50mm progate, looking to be running between 16-20psi through it.

ive herd mixed reviews between the greddy plenum or plazmaman plenum.. im certainly not after only top end power so im thinking using the pm plenum man be the way to go using the rb25's longer runners what are your guys thoughts? have any of use done back to back testing with a similar size turbo?

injector size im tossing up between jecs 550cc which i can get at a really reasonable price that way i will just retain the factory fuel rail and fpr. or just going straight to a top feed fuel rail and getting some injectors around 750cc mark.

i guess my aims around the 400rwhp.

thanks in advance!

I use a plazmaman plenum and throttle body I think it's great. Makes life easy for changing plugs ect. Also if your going to keep the side feed injectors and 98oct fuel go nismo 740cc/sard 850cc/deatchworks 740cc which are all fairly good injectors. But I'd suggest to go top feed rail which plazmaman also does with injector dynamics 1000cc injectors. That will support e85 awesome and they are the easiest injector to tune with.

Cheers Josh.

cheers, what size throttle did you end up going with the plazmaman. ill be basing this on running on 98 octain. still no e85 here in wa. possibly get it by the end of this year but who knows.

prob just run with a walbro intank pump for now aswell.

also here mixed opinions on where to mount the z32 maf. the comp housing size is 4" on the 3076 so was possibly thinking of moving the maf closer to the throttle body that way could just keep a 4" intake,

eaither way im not bothered if i have to use a 4 to 3" reducer on the intake

• just use a 4inch pipe and reduce it just before the air filter , i found that when i used the GTX is didn't really respond till it got fed some E85,

keep in mind that its a 400kw turbo and needs a good kick early on in the mid range to feel good, other wise it will feel lazy from my experience.

Edited by AngryRBGTX

I went for Plazmaman plenum and 72mm throttle body.

570 injectors Gt3076R 256 Poncams Rb25/30

450 RWHP

Injectors are maxed though, but enough power for GTS-T streeter

Super responsive

Brilliant feel/control on throttle

You can check out my dyno on page 5 RB30 results post #91

cheers i will have a look, would work well with a 3l bottom end for sure! i will just have to deal with it untill e85 is on the pump here after reading other guys results with the gtx3076 i think plazmaman will be the best plenum to go with. basically anything that can help me with the mid range in going to benefit a streeter

I'm using a Greddy copy with the stock throttle body. Which ever you use I would recommend using top mount rail and ID 1000 or ID 2000 injectors, Either will idle fine. What are you using for an ECU? If you go Link/Vipec you won't need a MAF

I can't honestly remember what size throttle body I got but for some reason 72mm rings a bell. As for the gtx it'll be a tad lazy on 98. They really need e85 to be at there best. With that not available yet I'd strongly look into doing a water/ methanol injection kit. Do a search on here for a big write up on it. As "angryrbgtx" said it's a 400rwkw turbo. Hope this helps you. Oh and if you have not got the fuel pump yet steer to a nismo drop in. ;)

Edited by Joshbigt62r

using a power fc so will be retaining the afm. the only ethanol based fuels here are e10 and p100 from a united servo which i dont think im to keen on using/trying at this stage. ill speak to my tuner thoe and see what he recommend's.