SAU Community

Gtx3076R Max Rwkw

Hi guys

Currently running a gtx3076 .82 rear housing on my s2 r33 rb25, it's got a 50mm external gate aswell. What's the max power I can get out of this turbo? I'm making 305rwkw on 19 pound 98 octane tomei valve springs only otherwise it's unopened.

I was making 320kw with 16psi, each psi increase was giving a solid 10-12 kw's so if that kept up I think it would of easily smashed 400kw, however, Ive been told after a certain psi it would stop giving so freely,

if a gt3076 is rated at 520hp and has made 360kw, then a gtx should do 400kw you'd think.

Hi guys

Currently running a gtx3076 .82 rear housing on my s2 r33 rb25, it's got a 50mm external gate aswell. What's the max power I can get out of this turbo? I'm making 305rwkw on 19 pound 98 octane tomei valve springs only otherwise it's unopened.

You're in a similar boat to me in that 98 will hold back the full potential of the GTX, good to hear you made 300+ though as I have a very similar set up to yours nearly ready to put together. Have you had a read of the WMI thread? If you don't have ethanol readily available it may be worth looking into...

• Like 1

no way it's going to make 480rwkw... i could see it at the fly tho... just

Those ratings will be crank hp estimates - and very rough really, going from the 64lb/min peak flow the compressor is rated to.

Never seen a GTX3076R "all in" yet, but I'd expect that it'll be possible to crack 400kw @ wheels on E85 on a good setup.

You're in a similar boat to me in that 98 will hold back the full potential of the GTX, good to hear you made 300+ though as I have a very similar set up to yours nearly ready to put together. Have you had a read of the WMI thread? If you don't have ethanol readily available it may be worth looking into...

Glad to see newer members are making good use of the discussions we've had on this forum :)

Those ratings will be crank hp estimates - and very rough really, going from the 64lb/min peak flow the compressor is rated to.

Never seen a GTX3076R "all in" yet, but I'd expect that it'll be possible to crack 400kw @ wheels on E85 on a good setup.

Powertune have managed 400kw from a couple of SR's with GTX3076Rs. AFAIK their dyno is not super high reading or anything, its fairly well trusted.

That being said I would say there is definitely 400 in one on an RB25.

Glad to see newer members are making good use of the discussions we've had on this forum :)

Powertune have managed 400kw from a couple of SR's with GTX3076Rs. AFAIK their dyno is not super high reading or anything, its fairly well trusted.

They also made over 370kw with a 3076 which we found physically impossible no matter how hard it was pushed! :P

I think 400kw is possible though, there is one in the 300kw club thread thingo at 384kw or something from memory!

have you seen their ramp rates? they're too short.. hence the numbers.. (just saying)

We've seen 370 from a 3076R a number of times on this forum, even 380 IIRC... Lith posted one which was a 52T, also up at that level.

There are often reasons beyond the turbo itself why some of us can get there and others can't.

John, I know the talk yet still believe the results are within reason. Not 20% variance or anything silly like that.

We've seen 370 from a 3076R a number of times on this forum, even 380 IIRC... Lith posted one which was a 52T, also up at that level.

There are often reasons beyond the turbo itself why some of us can get there and others can't.

John, I know the talk yet still believe the results are within reason. Not 20% variance or anything silly like that.

Fair enough.... Just a lot of interesting results there! And some interesting mishaps on mates cars....

A lot of those reasons come down to dyno. When talking dyno expectations on threads on SAU I am using a second language, I have to convert everything from what I am used to (Dynapacks with SAE correction running ~9s sweeps) to understand or suggest numbers on here. Even then not all DD dynos read the same for whatever reasons. It is clear to me that JEM's dyno reads much lower than I am used to - they have multiple 56T GT3076R results on strong setups which are maxed out under 500whp/373rwkw yet I've seen 56T GT3076Rs make that or more with more basic setups.

Supporting mods I have are a plazmaman plenum,044 intank,6 boost manifold, 740cc tomei injectors. Could possibly add another 044 pump and surge tank I have to the mix aswell. I have another turbo I might throw on later on down the track to push big numbers. I'm trying to avoid the e85 route as much as I can atm and stick to 98 :) The cars running really rich at this power level aswell

Edited by Gta51

Trusted? They still have a broken air temp sensor?

Supporting mods I have are a plazmaman plenum,044 intank, 740cc tomei injectors. Could possibly add another 044 pump and surge tank I have to the mix aswell. I have another turbo I might throw on later on down the track to push big numbers. I'm trying to avoid the e85 route as much as I can atm and stick to 98 :) The cars running really rich at this power level aswell

Got pics of the setup? I like pics :D

You shouldnt need another 044 at your current power level!