SAU Community

Hard Worker Up For Grabs

RBPOWA-(TJ)

Anyone know of any kind of full time work for a hardworking very flexible 27yr old guy

Factory work

Kitchen hand

Labourer

Car yards

And anything in between

Has his honours in biochemical engineering if anyone knows of any labs

He is based in Cbd but is willing to travel

Anything will be appreciated

a lot of people I know coming out of uni (honours, masters, anyone) are struggling. There seems to be jobs in the fields, they just want people with solid experience (from what ive noticed in the science and medical fields anyway)

a lot of people I know coming out of uni (honours, masters, anyone) are struggling. There seems to be jobs in the fields, they just want people with solid experience (from what ive noticed in the science and medical fields anyway)

Spot on. Get your basic degree required for the job occupation then go job hunting.

Generally, spending the time finding a job getting experience is far better than spending years getting your additional Honours/Masters/Phd degree. Unless it's a prerequisite for the job your applying for.

Spot on. Get your basic degree required for the job occupation then go job hunting.

Generally, spending the time finding a job getting experience is far better than spending years getting your additional Honours/Masters/Phd degree. Unless it's a prerequisite for the job your applying for.

Yep! How fucked is society!

Study in the field you want to get into then they say you have no experience...

Gotta do volunteer work though. They don't really tell you this at uni or in high school, but there's a lot to be gained (possibly even a job from it) by working free for 6 months in the industry you're pursuing.

you're right birds, I encouraged my old housemate to try and get it out of the way during Christmas breaks. however my gf was repeatedly getting turned down by institutes because of OH&S and legal liabilities, confidentiality and requiring safety training etc. depending te industry, it's easier said than done unfortunately.

no offence to anybody, but I often meet graduate electrical engineers and they are taught relevant theory but spend a further year or two in a graduate program and are just as useless when they're done (which is a company thing). and then I recall a quote from Kevin Rudd how he had planned that 40% of the population will have a degree. which only further de-values the qualification and only increases the lack of work and over qualification of the average person.

there was a guy from work who had done a masters of engineering in India an given a job here, and it wasn't a racial thing, but lots of people were skeptical of his abilities because of his increased study time and lack of industry experience.

ranting. sorry for derail, needed a vent.

When I was at uni, some of the business and IT guys had IBL (industry based learning) where they effectively spent some of their contact hours onsite at a place of business...usually either got a job out of it or could at least say they had industry experience by the end of their degree.

Really sucks for psychology, cause just wanting to get into honours or a grad dip, they will want you to have done volunteer counselling. This wasn't their initiative or a requirement, it's just come about because every student does it to try and get ahead of others anyway, for a place in the course...leaving you looking rather unqualified just to learn more in your field.

I've got a couple of students working for me ATM that are pretty highly educated and almost done with their quals (exams shortly and all done)

One is Bio-med - can't find work anywhere, so will be working with us for quite a while from what they've said to me. Seems fairly common talking to most of my employees at the moment

Internship or graduate program or IBL or work experience while at uni or TAFE is where it's at at the moment....

Did a 9 months unpaid internship when I was still studying, then stayed on to work there (paid) and eventually found a better job later on.

And in some circumstances, people would rather hire TAFE students over uni students, for their more "hands on" experience.

haha after reading all the informative information and insight to this dudes situation.....

Nick comes along with a ghey comment.... as usual lol

Hi TJ,

Pm your contact details as you inbox is full. I may have something of interest.

Cheers

Jamie

Hey Jamie, i'll grab his details tonight .. him and his wife are here on a working visa, his wife is working for us and we have agreed to sponsor her so that gives him a free ticket to stay also i think...

But not being able to work is getting to him as it would alot of people so he is thinking of going back to Ireland, thus will see her follow