SAU Community

Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner?

pipster11

Never heard of horror stories with this, so long as its used for its proper purpose.

Not for AFM filament I don't think.

It's so powerfully effective, it's been known to take grime off wheels that nothing else could remove.

It was always used at every service on my Subie Foz XT down the piping. Recommend!

sweet, my mate's mate is doing a group buy at the moment

$11 posted, it was hard to say no

Just have to work out how to distribute it evenly into the manifold now

If you read the directions on the can, it stipulates to spray half of the contents into the inlet manifold while the motor is off and to wait 10-15mins before starting so it can do it's thing. Then, when it eventually starts, it will take some cranking to get it going, speed the motor up to 2000-2500rpm and spray the rest of the contents on and off letting the motor breath. The revs will drop as the nozzle on the can is depressed.

Any Success/Horror stories?

Lawwwwllz. Yes.

I was spraying the straw into one of the ports on the plenum and the vacuum sucked the straw right off and right into the runners.

After trying madly to get it out with a grabber tool, I only ended pushing it further in.

I eventually gave up and ran it through the engine.

That was a few years back and I never think it did any damage.

Moral of the story: attach some thin pvc tube or similar to the nozzle. That way you can always keep the can upright, and the straw wont get sucked through the tube.

Good shart, but beware, if you leave it for too lone it will start to eat gaskets and goos. Also, don't use on rb26's per throttle body as it eats the thin film of silicon that seals the butterflies. You have been warned.

sweet, my mate's mate is doing a group buy at the moment

$11 posted, it was hard to say no

Just have to work out how to distribute it evenly into the manifold now

put me down for a couple. ;)

• 2 weeks later...