SAU Community

V35 Key Fob Issue

Hey guys,

My key fob has been playing up recently after i had a flat battery.

It just does not work straight away. I have to keep holding the unlock button for anywhere between 5 - 10 minutes before it finally unlocks/locks. Once it has unlocked it work work fine if i keep pressing unlock and lock.

I tested the battery with a tester and it shows that it has full power. I dont think it is a battery issue as it works fine once i unlock it and then press the unlock/lock button.

I also dont think it is the actuator as even the boot doesnt unlock straightaway.

Anyone experienced this issue?

If i had to but a new key and fob, how much would it cost?

Not with a new key.. Nissan only. I got told I cannot buy keys anymore. Something to do with theft. Never mind the high 5 figure sum of money I spend with them they will not sell me keys.

As for your issue I would bet that the battery terminal is oxidized or loose internally. See if you can split the fob and look at that first. Those fobs are on the wrong side of $400 locally and there is no way around it as they are unique to that car.

Hey Chris, Thanks for your reply.

So yesterday i ended up trying a new battery and it worked. (I should have tried that first). I did test the battery with a tester and it showed excellent so i thought it wouldnt be the battery.

anyways, where could i get a new fob from? complete with the transponder and stuff?

Do they come in different designes? the OEM one looks very old skool and boring.