SAU Community

Is The R35 Gtr Really That Bad?

^ Quite surprised coming from the man himself Jeremy Clarkson who launches a scathing attack upon the vehicle, about the only good thing he did say was being fast around a track. He did however praise the R34 GTR instead... thoughts?

Top Gear is an entertainment show. Jeremy did his neck in one anyway.

Yeah that was early days, i laughed :P

The 35GTR is a beast, its set the bar high for most competing cars AND will only get better!

Modifiers are setting records and getting HUGE power from them, Top Gear for some reason dont like modified cars (sooks) but i still love the show for the entertainment value!

• Like 1

Pretty much as what people have said. 1 episode Jeremy praised the daylights out of the car, then he disses it in that clip.

To be fair, their is a difference and it comes down to what a person wants. Nissan obviously were targeting supercar territory so it has to be comfortable, quiet, easy to handle, etc for that majority of people that will buy one and not modify it.

For those that will modify it, or want a bit more, they will change things anyway. You can see how some of the Japanese manufacturers think regarding some cars as they know people will modify the crap out of them. Prime example FT86 - turbo charger kits came out so quickly, shame it's not so easy to do one here (legally) in Australia.

• Like 1

Oh god that second clip just about sums it up. I'm not stupid, it's pretty obvious that Nissan didn't come to the table 4 topgear through sponsorship or some kind of secret deal and as a result he's gotten shtty. It's a shame cuz i thought he was unbiass, now i think he's just a spoilt Brit/brat.

I guess whats most dissapointing is 2million people viewed that clip and atleast 500 of them who would of brought that car, but instead would of brought something else. It's fair to say i'm never gona take him serious again after that, how on earth u can diss a 500hp car and not only be quicker then a porche turbo but far cheaper is beyond me.

For those that will modify it, or want a bit more, they will change things anyway. You can see how some of the Japanese manufacturers think regarding some cars as they know people will modify the crap out of them. Prime example FT86 - turbo charger kits came out so quickly, shame it's not so easy to do one here (legally) in Australia.

I good mate of mine has just installed an AVO Turbo kit to his 86. Was easy to RWC, mod plate and done. Don't know why you say its not so easy, maybe other states, but in QLD no issues.

No disrespect to the OP

"coming from the man himself Jeremy Clarkson"

Clarkson is far from the man....rather, an egotistical twat. Used to find him entertaining, now more, annnoying as f*ck.

Can't see myself ever being able to afford one, but price bracket vs what you get? R35 = amazing. Not to mention the priceless street cred than Porche' etc will never buy IMO.

youve missed the point on wasting 130k on a 350hp heap of shit motor/car,

when a 10k stock S14/SR20 makes that power with a discopotato..

oh dear, the mind boggles at the idiocity

your internet will explode when you find out people spend millions on these for even less power

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/1962-ferrari-250-gto-sale-41-million-makes-163654811.html

youve missed the point on wasting 130k on a 350hp heap of shit motor/car,

when a 10k stock S14/SR20 makes that power with a discopotato..

look i can see where you're coming from

i remember when i had an S14, a stage 2 turbo kit was only like 7,000CR

and after going with a stage 3 weight reduction, granted it was a whopping 24,500CR, it could beat absolutely everything on Trial Mountain

• Like 2