SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

For reference, here is a link to Staos own TD06SL2 71mm billet results. He's running a 10cm T3 housing, which has proven to work well on the stock low mount also, with a 44mm gate plumbed off the housing (reference ARTZ for build info).

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page-345#entry6727502

Also, attached is a photo of the compressor inlet on my SS1PU (same compressor used on the above SL2 test). In comparison to the FP wheels I can see a similar trend going with the half blades which are closer to the mains and a lot taller than on cast wheels. I defend that he has not copied this idea from anyone, but think it might be a common formula among turbo MFGs.

post-43588-0-95934700-1369960211_thumb.jpg

Sorry I misinterpreted your last question, I thought you were talking about purely Garrett based HTA turbos - not alternatives to FP based hybrids. That isn't a bad result, response isn't bad for a journal bearing turbo making that kind of power and gives an idea of what a billet 71mm can potentially do.

I have no reason to think the 71HTA would make any more, or less power - though I'd expect a HTA3071 to come on a fair bit better than that, so maybe my previous call (depending on if it is true that this dyno does read like Mainlines/DDs despite this forum saying for years Dynapacks are inflated) should be adjusted to say a VERY responsive 340kw+ would be realistic.

I was definitely saying to use an FP 71HTA wheel on a MHI core, but am using this as a comparative item.

I do not want to sound like a douche, but I have noticed that certain operators load their dynos differently to others... And curves can often not represent what sort of response is actually to be expected. Status and DVS JEZ are definitely two operators I have noticed produce results that appear laggier than they realistically are on the road, with the plot accentuating more of the motors natural character than the transient response felt on the road.

I feel that is evident in Stao's above posted result, as he himself noted the car felt similar in response to his SS1PU turbo, which has been confirmed by many users to be a GTRS killer. I have faith in the SL2 71mm combo too, as its a 61mm 76 trim turbine combined with a new tech compressor. Something I think more people should try.

I do not want to sound like a douche, but I have noticed that certain operators load their dynos differently to others... And curves can often not represent what sort of response is actually to be expected. Status and DVS JEZ are definitely two operators I have noticed produce results that appear laggier than they realistically are on the road, with the plot accentuating more of the motors natural character than the transient response felt on the road.

I feel that is evident in Stao's above posted result, as he himself noted the car felt similar in response to his SS1PU turbo, which has been confirmed by many users to be a GTRS killer. I have faith in the SL2 71mm combo too, as its a 61mm 76 trim turbine combined with a new tech compressor. Something I think more people should try.

Yep you definitely have to take indications from what someone says when they drive the car too, having done road tuning on cars with TD06SL2 turbines I have a reasonable idea of what to expect - you take it all into consideration, I was far from calling the SL2 setup laggy - more so saying that a BB HTA71 would be VERY responsive. Remember one of 34GeeTeeTee's points of note he had about his car is the dyno did not do justice the way the car drives and responds, so far. Given his made around 50rwkw more on a rolling road dyno with a better boost curve, that bodes well even if you choose to believe that something has happened which exaggerates it's performance.

This kind of thing (dyno not doing the real world response proper justice) will often be the case with these turbos running light billet comp wheels compared to traditional units - same goes for comparing journal bearing turbos with BB cores, BB turbos show their best when driven in the real world versus on the dyno.

You won't find it or get it in this thread - go the Hypergear thread if you want to see that. I will chase up a guy I know with an HTA3073 on his SR, will see if he has got any further with that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Any links to that status tuned SR22 mentioned earlier? Thanks.

Is in the Kando thread. Its a 9k RPM motor, but the theory is DEAD solid for a track setup.

You won't find it or get it in this thread - go the Hypergear thread if you want to see that. I will chase up a guy I know with an HTA3073 on his SR, will see if he has got any further with that

Please obtain and fwd to me ASAP :)

Whp? What kind of dyno? A few variables to consider there, including setup etc - 550whp definitely getting up there but within the realms of possibility. Would expect you would need solidly in the 20psi range to do that, so I would guess full boost in the low 4000rpm area though all dependant on how the setup is done and how dyno reads etc.

I have been interested in the FP HTA turbos for a while, but where would we buy them from, is there a dealer in Australia or do we order them from the US

I'd like to see how a pair of GT2868r HTAs go on a 26 or stroked 26

Lithium and others

Do you think the FP HTA GT3582 would achieve 550+hp on 98 - rb26?

When do you think full boost would be?

Ive got the hta3586 and have made 556rwhp so far at 23-24 psi. I reckon it would go 580hp at 26psi.

I only run the .82 rear housing so its a bit restrictive for top end power, but midrange is awsome, makes 20psi by 3200rpm. This is on a rb39 tho.

I was looking into 2868 and 2871HTAs to see what the 28 people were getting on the cold side . I found this thread that has lots of pics of a GTX2867 and a HTA2868 , I know not HTA71 or 73 but its interesting to see the two styles of wheel compared . He also posted pics of inside what he's calling the "GTX67" compressor housing which is almost certainly a T04B 0.60 AR one with port shrouding "machined" into it . I don't know what you people reckon but er the results are a bit shabby close up .

The FP turbo started out with the same basic comp housing but they machined up a new snout and bolted it on with cap screws HKS style , some GT2530s look like that . I reckon with a bit of creative maching you could have port shrouding with a bolt in adapter using a generic T04B housing . If there are T04E ones with enough meat in them probably the same . Best answer would be if Garrett sold housings not finish machined inside so the profile and slot could be done later .

Anyhow that aside its been said that FP aren't that keen on doing 2871HTA conversions because the mismatch in wheel size/performance . Someone at the Audi site mentioned a 2873HTA which would be worse you'd think though probably not as bad as a HKS 2540 or a Garrett GT2876R .

Looking into that now , cheers A .

wonder what the super 3794 thing is like/can be ordered with the standard 3540 style comp covers(obviously it fits...) that comp cover is a huge 4202 thing.

wonder if it would choke it down much(i don't think it would)

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Why are you looking at 28 size variants? You already run a GTRS, I don't anticipate it will get phenominally better on a motor already too big for the turbine.

Please have a look in the Hypergear thread and see the most recent result. Tuned by DVSJEZ, its an auto with his SS2 (74/60mm), using a .82 IWG bolt on housing. Surely you can consider more than Garrett......