SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

On 13/06/2020 at 11:27 AM, Adz2332 said:

Sure do.

What did you pay for your turbo?

Car made around 390kws, was pretty responsive to. Plenty of fun!

I paid $2600 brand new man, I would think you would be fair asking 1500 for your turbo by itself ?

can I please see your graph now ? Hahah

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 11:27 AM, Adz2332 said:

Sure do.

What did you pay for your turbo?

Car made around 390kws, was pretty responsive to. Plenty of fun!

Seriously man, can we see your graph?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I would say I’m sorry for reviving an old thread, but I’m not, so I won’t.

......soooooo.......after literally 5 years of planning and slowly gathering parts, I finally got my HTA3076 1.01ar twin scroll setup on the rollers for the first time.

S13, rb25 s1, forged Ross pistons, acl bearings, Oem crank and rods, Oem oil pump, Cometic 1.1 head gasket, standard head with hks 256 8.8 in / 264 9.1 ex cams and performance springs kit, RB26 itbs oversized to 49mm and a cnc port matched Rb26 nismo plenum all mounted using a RIPS RB25 neo cut&shut adapter also port matched, Bosch 1650cc injectors on a custom mounted genuine HKS fuel rail, genuine R31house version 2 twin scroll manifold with individual egt’s on each runner, hta3076 genuine garrett 1.01ar twin scroll rear housing, 4” stainless exhaust from turbo back with 4” AES butterfly valve off the dump and AES 4” muffler, all stainless piping and intake with true 4” HPI stainless mesh pod, HKS TypeR 103mm thick S13 intercooler, genuine ARC r32 gtr grille oil cooler/washer-oil catch/rad swirl pot/reservoir,  blitz radiator & 2x 14” ultra slim maradyne puller fans, ross balencer, PRP trigger kit, PRP r35 coil kit + splitfire r35 coils, ARD alternator and PRP bracket, hks ex cam gear, Greddy intake rb25 VCT cam gear, greddy type R bov custom anodised PRP purple, hks timing belt, link Fury G4+ ecu and 12volt performance custom wiring, AIM link colour dash, 4 bar map sensor, Turbosmart fpr, 1x walbro 255 lift/2x walbro 460 in tank, Taarks v3 surge tank, all lines replaced and upgraded for everything, tial 38mm MVS external gates both with screamers etc. etc.

Graph is only on gate pressure with 20spi springs, the exhaust 4” butterfly is closed and there is zero boost control turned on.

It will be returned to the Dyno once wideband is sorted properly in the dump, then it will get 30psi and an open 4” butterfly. It’s already quite responsive with 300whp & 20psi at 3500rpm. This Dyno is a renowned heart breaker so I’m pretty happy so far with the resultant response.

0FB49264-B324-4710-9A09-C30B7B551E73.jpeg

18EC0CDF-4025-4F65-9505-52A4894F7374.jpeg

• Like 9

Nice result mate! 

Lots of hard work put into the setup covering all the finer details which is showing in your results so far! 

Driven the car yet? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Nice result mate! 

Lots of hard work put into the setup covering all the finer details which is showing in your results so far! 

Driven the car yet? 

Thank you brother, I’m very glad to read that you see that effort in the finer things haha, I’m quite happy with it so far. My aim was 20psi by 3500rpm with the full send tune (boost control on and 4” butterfly open) and the fact it does exactly that as is at the moment is monumental to me personally haha.

The car still needs body assembly so have only driving it approximately 100m up my street and back, it starts making positive pressure literally as soon as I crack the throttles, the response is insane and better than what’s shown on the graph honestly.

I can’t wait for 30psi and full send tune!!

• Like 2

I forgot to mention my drive train....

jk40c 370z 6 speed close ratio gearbox, Jim Wolf technology adapter plate, auto rb25 bell, 1 piece aluminium tail shaft, Zspeed Performance stainless steel concentric slave cylinder / bearing / lines, NPC 1000hp twin plate clutch, Tomei Trax 2 way 4.3 lsd, driftworks front & rear drop knuckles, all solid bushes and all adjustable arms throughout, whiteline RB s13 feont swaybar and long discontinued whiteline r32 gtr 32mm rear swaybar + solid billet SuperNow bush brackets, nismo/do-luck/cusco and many others body bracing throughout the chassis (approx. 20 of them), E55 AMG 8 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes etc etc etc...

5CBF66A9-EA12-44E1-891D-6F7EAA09BCF9.jpeg

4890BFA9-2B43-4FA8-A53B-315BB637BD41.jpeg

3DB25239-69E3-4362-AFA7-645F670BCADC.jpeg

53335445-A763-4F91-AD7D-B4493F86080E.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Looney_Head said:

nice setup. is the clutch a RB one or a 370z one?

RB clutch, had a billet spacer made to sit under the concentric slave to help make it all work. You can see the spacer in the photo above where you see the green/stainless slave.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LaurelPWR said:

Thank you kind sir.

Many rare and highly specific parts in there haha ☺️🏼

Should do a build thread would love to see the rest of the car if engine bay and brake setup is that neat. 

Also great results on Dyno, how is the car to drive with the 6 speed? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Should do a build thread would love to see the rest of the car if engine bay and brake setup is that neat. 

i second this! been following you on insta for a while but i do like to read about what people are building!

• Like 1

On 10/03/2021 at 7:36 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

Yeah I may do that actually, when I get a chance.

haven’t driven it further than 2nd gear yet mans, will update when I do tho.....perhaps in a build thread.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 7:01 AM, DaymoR32 said:

i second this! been following you on insta for a while but i do like to read about what people are building!

Cheers hombré, much appreciate 🙌🏼🙏🏼

Instagram is: genuine_rb13 for anyone interested 😅

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Instead of starting a new topic I'm going to revive this zombie.   Forced Performance/Xona Rotor have started releasing turbos based off their latest range of compressor wheels, the "XRE" range and so far they are looking like the ducks nuts.

As people who've been around a while would know, I've generally liked what FP do and been pretty excited about their UHF turbines but haven't pushed the idea *that* hard in the RB world as there have been theories and murmerings I've heard which have had me not 100% confident of how well they'd work on this platform.  At face value everything sounds perfect, the turbines are low inertia, have very low back pressure, and their compressors had decent flow for their size... but unfortunately there is more to the picture.

This isn't gospel persay, just me extrapolating and theorising - though it's not all completely unfounded and I'm just painting a picture of why the previous generation may not really reflect on what we should expect with the new ones.

The HTZ compressors used on the Xonas ALSO like higher pressure ratios to do their flow, and the UHF turbine wheels seem to like to operate at higher rpm to generate shaft torque.  This essentially ended up meaning the Xonas only really suited RB/2J engines when using larger exducers (94mm+) but those exducers kept the rpm down on the 69S turbine that on paper also suited best, meaning they potentially struggled to drive the larger compressor as well as you'd hope.   Instead of high EMAP, there was the risk of more lag than you'd hope and actually "running out of turbine" in terms of not actually having enough shaft torque to drive the compressor fast enough to make the numbers.   This could potentially end up with people undersizing and overspeeding their compressors on larger engines to try and make the numbers they were looking for - and essentially "look" like they were getting away with it because the crazy not-restrictive UHF turbine stiiilll didn't get up generating massive back pressure.    Not ideal, but this is how some went forward.

Bring on the new releases (so far), the XRE6869S and the XRE7169S - running a 88mm and a 92mm exducer respectively, both in that mid 80-mid 90mm exducer range that seemed to compliment the 69S turbine very very well, but *also* pumping a crapload of air for their size.   A lot of the magic I expect to start showing up when people use these will probably be attributed to the new compressor aero but I think the MUCH better match between compressor and turbine behaviour will make the gains way way better than expected, and start actually showing the magic the UHF turbines should have already had the potential for - just hadn't got the right pump for the job.

The XRE6869S:

XRE68xx_X4Cweb_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1706647868

This is a 68mm inducer compressor capable of 105lb/min of airflow max, paired up with a low inertia turbine.  Picture something capable of 1000hp @ hubs on E85 with good spool and lower inertia than most things capable of this kind of power.   The Xona 68mm turbos have already been known to be better underfoot and lower EMAP than their key opposition, but the old 68mm/94mm 95lb/min compressor was maybe not quite up to the task of a complete takeover in that "68mm turbo for street use" zone.   The new 68/88 105lb/min jobby on the other hand, should be very interesting.   Unsurprisingly they've been proven to outspool and significantly outflow the old XR9569S which were already beasts.

The XRE7169S:

XRE71xx_X4Cweb_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1707147054

This is something that could be VERY interesting to see on an RB.  I know of these replacing PTE7275s (and in one case even twin 7675s) and matching or improving their power but MASSIVELY improving power delivery.   They are already proven to be absolute monsters for their size, talking 1100-1200hp @ hubs on ethanol and beyond that on methanol on full send - but without the "Big frame" power delivery of most things capable of these power levels.   

The nuts thing with these is you can literally get both turbos on what is essentially a GT3582R style frame, T3 flanged etc.   There will be a slight cost to compressor flow with the old GT3582R style compressor cover footprint but not THAT much.  

There have been posts in this forum where people have antagonised about whether to go with a 6870 vs 7275 or jumping from a EFR9180 to a 9280 vs jumping to another brand and losing a tonne of response - when talking about drifting into that 1000hp+ mark but still being a bit shy of turning the car into something that behaves completely like a drag car.  These guys may make that compromise much less so much of one.

• Like 1