SAU Community

If You're Happy With Your Import Car, Who Brought It In?

GTR-N1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

I have 2 vehicles in a container on their way from New Zealand to Brisbane.

I have already spoken to Richard from Special Vehicle Imports but have since realised that most of the comments about them on here are very old.

Has anyone used them recently, or are they any other recommended options in Brisbane/QLD

Thanks

Stretch

• 2 weeks later...

I used J-Spec, Stupidly happy with the outcome, particularly as I had never imported. Learned everything I needed. Ben even knew when to recommend a car OFF my preferred list and I got a diamond!

Plus 1 to Iron Chef

Bought in my dr... Immaculate body, under budget an super quick and easy to deal with!

Absolutely no pressure to rush is what I liked, they didn't let me buy the bad examples and encouraged me to wait

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My KV36 Skyline 370GT sedan was imported and complianced by Luxury and Performance Vehicles in Bayswater VIC.

Once they had a deposit off me and they knew I was serious and able to help them identify suitable cars from the auction sites, we got on very well. They were even able to suggest newer vehicle with higher kms and grade and this is what we bought. Ability to trade in my M35 Stagea was the icing on the cake.

Stagea was imported and complianced by Northshore Prestige and the car was excellent. Only changed it because it was coming up 13 years old, I don't need the space anymore (wife has Volvo XC90) and I wanted something more modern.

• Like 1

Hi

Ended up having my cars both complied by Motorguard here in Brisbane after getting a recommendation from Kristian.

John from Motorguard was really efficient and sorted the safety certs/road worthy as well as the towing from the customs warehouse.

So that may be a vote for Iron Chef I think.

I also think Motorguard does not actually do much importing, mainly the complience

Hi

Ended up having my cars both complied by Motorguard here in Brisbane after getting a recommendation from Kristian.

John from Motorguard was really efficient and sorted the safety certs/road worthy as well as the towing from the customs warehouse.

So that may be a vote for Iron Chef I think.

I also think Motorguard does not actually do much importing, mainly the complience

So the importing was done by Iron Chef then?

(Yes, JLM in Sydney, like Motorguard, doesn't do much importing these days)