SAU Community

R33 Gtst Series 2 Track Build

How did it go?

Also, as per his o2 sensor thread, it is currently being tuned with no air temp sensor in place (link ecu with a map)

What do you think of that Lithium?

Edited by Ben C34

Cos I'm a mad detective I am going to say spark issues. (He is chasing coils)

stalker much! lol. yer thats correct, coil pack was knackered. got some spitfires and all good. Hopefully find out in the next couple hours.

although there is a problem that wont be fixed this time so wont be a decent reading anyway id imagine

Yer i got my wires crossed. i got word that i needed a sensor from someone who spoke to someone who spoke to someone and the info finally got back to me. I thought they said o2 sensor. In fact was was needed was a temp sensor. and rushing to finish it up for this weekend i didnt have a time to do it with it being in tuning last night... So as soon as the weekend is over will install one and go again anyway

Edited by Adz2332

Also, as per his o2 sensor thread, it is currently being tuned with no air temp sensor in place (link ecu with a map)

What do you think of that Lithium?

Well, that's obviously not ideal. Fortunately PV=nRT, so there is no need for the tune to be a complete throwaway at all. Datalog and keep an eye on IAT etc, if it HAS to go ahead a switched on (hurhurhur) tuner will at least be able to factor that in and make some compromise to ensure that if an IAT sensor gets introduced later then things don't go insane, while also providing a tune which while compromised is usable.

haha i have no idea what any of that is..... but will post results when it comes to hand.

And then after the weekend ill get it installed and go again.. especially for a $30 part.... My lack of knowledge and Chinese whispers got me confused or i would have already had it done

Haha yeah it seems I don't really know what I am talking about either, so don't listen to me!!! :)

Good luck with the tuning, I hope it goes as well as can be expected! Should be able to still get a pretty good performance out of it, even if short on it's potential!

Having problems with fuel. Fuel pump isnt drawing enough to make it work to capacity.

Plus a couple other minor issues.

So for the sake of the weekend its tuned to 16.5psi and 335kws

So.weekend on, but car not sorted. Gee owning cars are fun

Thanks guys. A bunch of little things to tidy up but guess that what happens when rush to finish up.

Theres a vaccum or boost leak somewhere so laggy. But good enough to have some fun on the weekend

So is it off to a drag meet or something? Be interesting to see how it goes, though with a bit more boost when it's sorted it could be well capable of surprising some folks :)

Its a thing called mallanats we have in adel. A 3 day thing with drags, go to whoa, power skids etc its done with eliminations etc to finals

Great fun. Done it a couple times in the GTR

Thanks mate

Unsure its an elimination thing not a timed thing.... But with it not running properly and boost coming on so late all i was doing was frying the slicks for the most part.

But it took care of a heap of the V8 boys. Cant wait to get it running well...

I did see that was coming up, ill give this one a miss till its sorted, but will give that a crack asap!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

E85 mate

decided its easier to get a second hand carbon boot when another comes available.

the lexen i havent done anything about but will soon. if you search on here there are a couple good options.

Thinking just for now rear window and side 1/4s