SAU Community

The Red Lady- Sandybang's R34 Gtt

Yeap. I'm just looking at coilpacks, fuel pump and maybe a short shift kit too. Just reading on the forums at the moment for some more information and recommendations.

Plenty of info on here, if you get stuck just ask one of us and we will be happy to help....

Splitfire coilpacks are tried and tested, fuel pump choice depends on your goals etc and as for the shifter kit, i have the Nismo but i dont believe its much shorter..... Good shift feel tho :)

Oh, if you want to join SAU NSW too, there is some info in this thread -

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/365434-s-a-u-n-s-w-club-membership-faq/

Its pretty handy if you plan to do any events or want access to the NSW members section :D

I just wanted to mention a side note that occurred while I was installing the intercooler. The kit was not designed with a nipple for a hose on the pipe going into the I.p. So I bought a threading kit and threaded a brass nozzle onto it. I bought the nozzle from autobarn. It looks like this

post-101240-13710316379618_thumb.jpg

Some people say it's a power steering sensor something. I'm not too sure what it's for.

Edited by Therealsandybang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So. Alot has happened since the last time I posted.

post-101240-13746278582666_thumb.jpg

This came out of my radiator. It looks like they used tap water in the coolant when. They were in Japan. After spending hours flushing and reflushing the radiator I got rid of the gunk.

I opted not to use radiator flush. As I didn't want larger pieces to break off and get stuck in my core all at once. Instead I refilled the radiator with water. Ran the car with high heat and aircon on and drained and flushed the fluid with hot water. It worked a treat.

I used nulon llc as it is very close to nissan llc spec. I used a 50/50 llc to distilled water ratio.

Everything is looking nice and new and running well

I got a chance to use a hoist if I helped with an intercooler install for a Rex

post-101240-13746282263247_thumb.jpg

I must say it was easy compared to my install no cutting of re bar or chassis required.

He used the autobahn 88 kit. A decent kit for the money but the core was heavy as hell

post-101240-1374628291971_thumb.jpg

post-101240-13746283516327_thumb.jpg

My radiator flush was done at 80000km

So just had injectors replaced with cleaner better flowing stock items. Spark plugs replaced with iridiums. It took a fair while to remove everything carefully and do it. post-101240-13760080563215_thumb.jpg engine bay as of now.

New wiper modules. They are 35 a piece but they work really wellpost-101240-13760080394241_thumb.jpg new item on left

Sandwich plate for oil temp finally inpost-101240-13760080289188_thumb.jpg it's the red thing

post-101240-13760081324003_thumb.jpg

I'm following along too :thumbsup:

Just a word of advice; keep an eye on that oil sandwich plate for the first few days. They have a nasty tendency to develop leaks. Just keep an eye on it and sort out any issues if it gives any.

Yeah man. It's the second one I've been through. The first one was purchased from a reputable Japanese Aftermarket parts company here in Sydney. The sandwich plate I got from them didn't work out of the box. I never went back there because their customer service was abysmal. I was actually really disappointed in them because I heard good things. Anyway this new one has held up so I'm praying it works.