SAU Community

The Red Lady- Sandybang's R34 Gtt

Okay so even though this is a fairly straight forward job. I'll post a how to any way. This is how you install a nismo fuel pump.

Before you do anything please make sure your battery is disconnected your fuel lid open and you have at the most a quarter tank of fuel.

Your pump access is located on the rear right side under your parcel shelf in the boot. It is covered by a panel with screws

post-101240-1376904185037_thumb.jpg

Undo screws disconnect all sensor clips and make sure you have plenty of rags handy or a oil tray to collect fuel from fuel lines.

post-101240-13769041940263_thumb.jpg

To get the black cap off use a plastic screwdriver and a rubber mallet to turn it anti clockwise. Use 5/10 force. Make sure you make a rough mark as to where the black cap started. There is an arrow on the white plastic that shows where the mark needs to be tightened to

Remove cap. Pry open plastic cover and remove rubber lining. Remove hose connections underneath cover

To remove fuel pump. Gently pull up. It is located just behind right rear passenger seat against the wall. It is not bolted on. It uses a hook latch system

Here is a comparison. The stock pump on the right is actually closer to the camera making it appear larger but it is in fact tiny compared to the Nismo.

post-101240-13769042081709_thumb.jpg

The Nismo bracket clicks into the existing plastic housing. Feed the filter element in first making sure it makes its way lower and deeper into the fuel tank.

It will take you a few tries to mount the Nismo. Make sure it has clicked into the plastic bracket and that you haven't just fit it in between the bracket and the wall of the car. The pump should sit straight and not move.

Connect all hoses and mountings. Change fuel filter. Re attach battery. Place car on On then start vehicle.

post-101240-13769044297146_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Um good question. At this level of modifying i didn't feel the need to. The pump itself was a sizeable upgrade to stock. You can do it if you want to im sure you would get a higher voltage/efficiency.

Makes sense. Thinking about doing similar mods - currently in planning phase :)

Keep 'em coming.

• Like 1

I believe the Nismo pump is designed to run with the lower voltage that the pump speed controller supplies them with. The issue with aftermarket pumps like Bosch and Walbro is they are designed to work at 14v and they struggle with lower voltage.

So Yeh, shouldn't need to rewire for the Nismo.

• Like 2

Nice build mate. Red is the fastest colour besides blue ;) That 200kw mark the neo will S$%T it in. My 33 just had the turbo hi flowed and a 355kw AEM fuel pump put in. On stock ECU, Injectors, with 3 inch exhaust and 10psi made 195kw @ the wheels :) and 98BP ultimate fuel :P Oh and she has 200,000km so with those mods your looking at my mate had a similar in his GTT and made 235ish :)

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1