SAU Community

Looking For A Good Waterproof Car Cover

hey guys for awhile now ive been searching for a good 100% waterproof car cover as the car ive got is in amazing condition and i don't have a garage/shed to keep it in the car cover i have atm is good but the water is soaking through in heavy rain thought you guys may know of some good ones as super cheap and other car places only seem to have cheap one!....

yeah thats the one I have too...works good. glad to see you got 5 years out of it....was wondering how long it would last me

they're about 150$ at autobahn, got mine on sale for 100$

oh really that looks like a good one thanks guys as i live in tassie the weather here can go from hot to freezing storm in a hour so need something good quality are they 100% water proof?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes i had that same one ripped as soon as i put it on the car really thin junk

if you want a good one get a http://www.autotecni...proof-car-cover i got mine from autobarn had a 12 month warranty and has done amazing in the tassie weather frost rain every time i take it off its bone dry!

• 1 month later...

http://www.autotecnica.com.au/stormguard-full-waterproof-car-cover

I have been using this one for 5 years. Very happy with it. Has vents to circulate air so it doesn't get damp with high humidity.

I'm using the same one and the only problem which I've discovered, or at least for my R34, is that it starts to tear open at the point of where it covers the spoiler. I assume it's due to the edginess.

Can provide pics if needed.

• 5 years later...

For future reference. Car is an R33 GTR. I got the Autotechnica Stormguard Cover.

Ordered the 1/184 sedan large up to 4.74m. I would go a size bigger as it is tight over the rear wing.

Really happy with the design, quality, fits right which is great - definitely recommend.