SAU Community

Torana Lx Gtr Hatch, Lots Of Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

To tight to buy a new thermostat housing, so simple, I just made one.

IMGP3319_resize_zpsyhpaygdg.jpg

IMGP3320_resize_zpsovcmgtcb.jpg

Also started to extend the top timing belt cover, it had a crack and a piece missing so it was easier to cut the small section out and replace it at the same time.

IMGP3322_resize_zpsv8sqlae0.jpg

IMGP3323_resize_zpse057work.jpg

IMGP3324_resize_zps26xsap4w.jpg

IMGP3327_resize_zpsxpzrkvdm.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update, had a small side project for my boss in Melbourne which turned into a bigger project fixing a previous dodgy repair.

IMGP3335_zpsr0c0x1w6.jpg

The front section of the rail had been repaired before and been fully sealed up not letting any water that happened to get into the rail escape out the bottom.

So the rail rusted from the inside out. 

IMGP3337_zpsuxrq9gl3.jpg

IMGP3338_zpsmnt2am93.jpg

When i cut the outside of the rail out i found it had a welded inside of the rail on the inner.

IMGP3341_zpshcrkl0ti.jpg

After removing the inner plate i was left with this.

IMGP3343_zps5us4waln.jpg

From this point I cut the inner out and fabricated a new rail and repaired a few more rust patches.

Sorry no photos of the finished repairs I was to keen to get this thing out of my shed.

Now back to the hatch, not a great deal has has happened except planning and procrastinating but I have started seam welding some of the body.

IMGP3350_zpsanvatsrj.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few more things done.

Checked it see if the power steering lines could be reused, will need to modify the hose on the power steering pump.

IMGP3351_resize_zpsjeniyal0.jpg

Replaced the front wheel bearings.

IMGP3363_resize_zpslakj8jxp.jpg

IMGP3377_resize_zpsgnuyqhge.jpg

IMGP3378_resize_zps9ztogzfx.jpg

And started getting some of the suspension parts striped for painting.

IMGP3379_resize_zps27cme82b.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I thought I would touch base with the engineer to see at what stage he wanted to see the car next only to be told by the receptionist that 

he has recently lost his VASS accreditation. Looks like the $1000 I have spent with him is a total loss and I don't even know if he has any documentation 

he can give me to pass onto a new engineer when I find one. So now the search for a new engineer start and hopefully find one that is happy with the 

build so far.   :banghead:

Edited by turbo76lx

Shit mate, that's no good. If your current (now ex!) engineer doesn't recommend someone for you PM me and I'll track down the details of another engineer who comes to Shepp fairly regularly. We sold him a Benz not long ago and I spoke to him about engineering my car with the RB30 in it. He was pretty confident he'd get it through whereas others just instantly shit canned the idea so he's at least open to a little lateral interpretation of the VSI regs!

• 2 weeks later...