SAU Community

Torana Lx Gtr Hatch, Lots Of Pictures

I am very impressed by your work.

Considering the extent of work involved the idea of doing the design and initial fabrication work on the old rusted sedan shell before final fabrication in the hatchback shell is a great idea.

I will be following your build with interest.

In one page it's quite clear that your fabrication skills are brilliant!

This will be one polished car when it's finished. There'll be nothing slapped together about it. The engineer will have no other option but to pass it just because it's a whole lot of awesome!

This is gunna be one sick 'Rana!

Thanks guys for the positive comments, I wasn't sure how it would be received..

Here's a few details on what it will be running. The RB30 is from a Nissan patrol so they were a carburetted non catalytic converter engine, so I have told

the engineer I am fitting an "after market" fuel injection system and turbo, because I only need to comply to the emissions of the patrol motor the engineer

is letting me run any ecu and turbo but I have to run a cat. The motor will be built by JPC who I used to build in my other rb30 torana.

Ecu will most likely be another vipec v88, the awd system will be run by Full Race's ETS-pro if I hadn't come across this system I probably wouldn't

started the build. Brakes are R33 Brembos, the rear end is R33 gtr, front is R32 and using BC coilover. From the outside it will look like just a

LX hatchback in mandarin red but the difference will be this one will actually go, stop and turn. The last photos are where the build is at, it will probably

take 2 years to finish, so it will be a slow build and maybe a few weeks between posts.

Thanks Glen

Here's a couple of photos of my other torana.

IMGP0599_resize.jpg
IMGP0600_resize.jpg

geeebuss!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a Torana man but hell that is dedication and definitely a unique build. What do you do for a crust if you don't mind me asking. You don't get nice welding skills like you have by being an accountant haha but then again if your a boily I couldn't imagine coming home and wanting to do it in your own time as well or am I thinking of how I would be.