SAU Community

Rb25 Gearbox Upgrade

okay so I'm looking to upgrade my box to 5 Speed 1st-4th H/C Synchro Gear Set from ppg would love to hear from someone that has 1 to know if it's good. second problem is there anywhere around sydeny that does it wollongong area preferred.

thanks in advance

I went through 2 boxes in my vl and now my skyline is making more power then what the vl was so if rather do it sooner then later kind of thing. I was thinking dog but I can't even find someone to do synchro

Edited by paul_psi

vl was on bout 400kw and the sky has been getting tuned for the past week and haven't done the power run yet. got to drive them hard spend all that time and money I'm having done fun when I'm driving lol

Were they VL boxes that broke? What broke in them?

I've gone through a couple of Rb25 boxes, though have not broken the gears, everything around them are what was breaking.

It sounds like you give it a hard time so I would look at going a dog set.

Award diff and gear box build them as well as Advance Motor Mechanics.

they were rb25 boxes the first one I stripped the gearset second one destroyed 2nd and 3rd synchro.

dog will be the way to go and it's not that much more for what it is

hoping for over 500kw at the wheels and I don't want to be babying it lol

I'm running amsoil at the moment can't remember the velocity 3rd had a bit of a crunch before I pulled it off the road and that was 6 months ago I should get it back from the tuner tomorrow so ill see how it goes with the power