SAU Community

Boost Issue ? Wont Go Over 0.5 Bar ?

Hey guys I have done a man conversion in my car and I put a r34 turbo on while the motor was out all is good but today I tried to give the big girl a bit more boost and up to 0.5 bar was all it would take builds that fast and holds no lroblems but nothing more I know the turbosmart boost tee was working as it came from my working car set to 9psi

I have looked over it all and am kinda scratching my head any suggestions before I rip the turbo off ?

No it has been removed completely running off a turbosmart boost tee no ajustment seems to make a difference whe I drive it yoday it startex making wheering noise so I am assuming its on its way out ? Is this a normal thing lack in boost before it fails ?

I wouldn't start pointing the finger at the turbo..well just yet at least, sounds more like a incorrect signal connection somewhere (vacuum lines).

Try this (will give you an answer straight up), hook up an aftermarket boost gauge, disconnect your vac line going towards you're actuator completely, go for a spin, put your foot down and KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BOOST GAUGE and back off straight away if it passes 7psi to prevent blowing the turbo!!!!, if it boosts past 0.5bar(7psi), then you have a faulty boost controller!, if it still won't boost past 0.5bar with vac line disconnected, then you have some serious exhaust back pressure issue, possibly blocked cat, or you may have a leak somewhere in the system i.e, cracked pipes, blown gaskets, damaged intercooler, etc.

I got carried away and pointed said finger.... swaped it for the one that was running with that valve on 9psi got to .6 bar thats it I swapped the cooler as well incase it was leaking same deal so I think it may be the bleed vavle or something else it cant be exhaust as its a straight system no cat

I didnt even think to try the disconnect vacum off thr gate ill try that see what happens cheers :)