SAU Community

Good Skyline Tuner In Brisbane?

tohmez

Hey guys just looking to get my skyline tuned, iv only had the car for a week and I'm completely new to the forced induction system who would I go see for a tune up besides mercury Motorsport?

Sounds good I'm even close to brendale aswel :) the car came with 3" turbo back exhaust, bigger intercooler, splitfire coilpacks, pod filter apparently a larger fuel pump

Sounds good I'm even close to brendale aswel :) the car came with 3" turbo back exhaust, bigger intercooler, splitfire coilpacks, pod filter apparently a larger fuel pump

Have a chat with Richard about what power you want to achieve and what your budget is, He will point you in the right direction.

Check the forums out too, depending on what power you want to make you may want to look at an upgrade to your turbo, injectors and a good quality ecu.

Will do, the car is making 271hp at the moment and it got dyno'd like two weeks ago because of the upgrades the last owner made, I have a feeling the tune it has could be better from some of the responses I feel in the car, I'm really wanna make 300hp and iv been told the injectors from stock need to be upgraded so I was looking at 700cc Bosch injectors and apexi ecu and if course upgrade to a new turbo. I'm aware 700cc is big but I can only see myself trying to get more power once iv reached my goal of 300hp

I run 660cc Injectors and they are getting close to max @ 377hp on pump fuel, Best bet is to work out how much power you want to make endgame as this will save having to buy injectors twice.

Apexi Power FC's are OK but a Haltech or something similar is better bang for buck if you're looking at going beyond 300hp as they are better suited to Flex fuels and such (this does not mean the power fc isn't good just that other options are available that are better suited for high HP applications).

This may seem like a lot to take in right now but with some dedicated reading and having conversations with members will teach you a lot and save you a massive sum of money as every man and his dog on here has built a skyline in just about every possible combo you can get, Looking at what does and doesn't yield results will save you so much time and cash. 300HP is a good goal, what model Skyline did you buy?

I run 660cc Injectors and they are getting close to max @ 377hp on pump fuel, Best bet is to work out how much power you want to make endgame as this will save having to buy injectors twice.

Apexi Power FC's are OK but a Haltech or something similar is better bang for buck if you're looking at going beyond 300hp as they are better suited to Flex fuels and such (this does not mean the power fc isn't good just that other options are available that are better suited for high HP applications).

This may seem like a lot to take in right now but with some dedicated reading and having conversations with members will teach you a lot and save you a massive sum of money as every man and his dog on here has built a skyline in just about every possible combo you can get, Looking at what does and doesn't yield results will save you so much time and cash. 300HP is a good goal, what model Skyline did you buy?

At this stage I have no end goal but this being my first turbo car I could

Like something functional but also with a very nice power figure, iv had a little look at haltechs but I couldn't tell you any differences from the apexi so I'll do some homework tomorrow and just quickly what's a "flex fuel"? And I bought myself a r34 gtt

Flex fuel is e85 . Now there is a catch with that as you can tune for E85 only or tune the car to run on anything from plain pump all the way up to e85. To my knowledge Apexi won't do the flex fuel set up the others will. Personally I have been looking a a Link g4 extreme for mine. (HR31 coupe) so I can run it on flex fuel,

Best you let google be your friend on that term and add haltech or link to the search term.

Actually CLICK THIS.

I am switching from a wolf v500 to haltech unit for my flex tune. Haltech have better support lately, that's my opinion though.

How will they tune for flex fuel though? Just keep mixing e85 and 98 to get different % ratios?

I for one dislike Haltech!!!! I had an e11V2 and after a whole 18 months it had an issue and when contacted, Haltech said they no longer provide service for my particular model as they have moved on to the Platinum range. The guy even went on to try and sell me one!!! After sales service is very dodgy. A mate sent his ecu back to them with an issue and it was returned with a hole drilled through it and a note to say they couldn't fix it...

I now have a Wolf ecu and couldn't be happier!!!

f**k that sounds dodgey, you would thin haltech would help regardless just because its a haltech product. You guys have got me thinking now :) do my research and ask some more questions.

Scre48 mayo ask what's being done to your car?

f**k that sounds dodgey, you would thin haltech would help regardless just because its a haltech product. You guys have got me thinking now :) do my research and ask some more questions.

Scre48 mayo ask what's being done to your car?

Nothing extra at this stage. Just not happy with the current tune and way car is running.