SAU Community

Car Yards

Tangles

Hey guys, havent been here for a long time.......

Quick question. - Does anyone have any contacts with a car yard for good 2nd hand vehicles? Not a performance vehicle so to speak, just a run of the mill "normal" car.

Missus is looking to replace her written-off car in the next few weeks (house breakin, stole keys to her Mazda 3 SP25 sedan, wrote car off at end of street when it was smashed into a kerb. The chassis was bent, and the engine was on the ground!!).

No idea what kind of car she is looking for, nor price range. What we are looking for is a trustworthy dealer who wont try to pass on a lemon, pressure to sell a car that has been sitting on the lot for ages, a flood damaged car from Vic/Qld, etc. if you get my drift.

If you know of an 'honest' dealer who sells quality then please post up the details. It'd be appreciated. Honesty and Service is the key here.

I think she just wants to go look and get it over and done with.

- Tangles

If you know of an 'honest' dealer who sells quality then please post up the details. It'd be appreciated. Honesty and Service is the key here.

I think she just wants to go look and get it over and done with.

- Tangles

Dunno that 'honesty' is a trait that any user car salesman has... stereotypes aside... any reason you don't want to buy private? Carsales would get you a better deal than most car yards...

-D

You can speak to either of the following;

North East Mitsubishi - Morris (in used cars) - Phone (08) 8366 7200 - I have bought 5 cars off of them over the years and Morris wife works for me.

Eblen Subaru at Brighton - 8350 7777 - Ask for Mick Searle - He is the buyer for the group but will point you in the right direction - Mick is a pretty straight up guy, known him for decades. Tell him Nathan sent you.

Thanks Nathan, thats exactly the sort of info we're after. Much appreciated.

Krishy/Dohmar - a few things. a) need to do it "quickly", without the messing about of going all over the place to see private sales, b) potential warranty offer from a caryard as a sweetener on a deal is a piece of mind for my partner, 3) yards have many brands & types of vehicles for sale, which needs to be considered as she has no idea what kind of car she is after at this stage (suv, wagon, hatch, new, demo, 2nd hand, etc).

Hey Tangles....long time no hear.

My Walkerville tenant is John Cahill's son (Craig Cahill).

He runs Cahill Motors at 224 North East Road Klemzig and sells the kind of cars you are after.

When speaking to him, mention that you know his Landlord (Peter) and he'll look after you.

Goodluck with it.

thats awesome info Pete!

thx so much!! Will hitup NE Mitsi & Cahill's on Monday :)

Yes, been a long time mate. Too caught up with Uni commitments. Middle of exam period right now (just knocked off my 3rd exam this week, got 3 more in 1st week of July), then straight off to Launceston for 3 weeks placement as a student Radiographer. Exciting times ;)

edit: Cahill has some good prices vs kms on their website. cheers again!

I dont have any connections lol but just seen an ad on tv

Jarvis ford gepps cross are mowing their prices off all 4 cylinder cars. All comes with 3 years warranty and 3 year RAA road service.

Ends 5pm Saturday

If that helps

Honesty is the keyword here Sam. Better to have a contact, ie Nathan and Pete, so you can be slightly more assured that you wont be pressured towards a lemon.

Ads dont always shine the correct light on a business.

ie the "fix your air" advert for A/C at a mechanics business (name withheld) suggests you'll be looked after & get your a/c regassed, but if you dont research youd never know that the business advertising their services charges you double the going rate ;)

Word of warning for your Insurance. If your insurer is a well known company starting with A and contains 4 letters (in capitals) be VERY wary. Service is shocking (none!) if your car is written off. They've treated my g/friend like a piece of dirt.

Yeah i see where you're coming from. I just put it out there not knowing anything about that car yard. In fact I've got no experience with any car yards lol

And yes I agree! My parents were with the insurance you're talking about and they are s#%t all round.

It is also about the after sales service.

We got the Ralliart from N E Mitsubishi and had problems with the Twin Clutch SST Gearbox.

They went above and beyond to really ensure that the problem was fixed. The service manager Joe actually went in to battle with Mitsubishi Australia for us to get the result I was after.

Each time it was in for work they made sure I had a free loan car and kept me up to date with what was happening.

They even just changed parts for free that they found had issues at no charge, like a slightly faulty O2 sensor and the solenoid locker for the gearbox. I didn't need to ask to have it done they just sorted it out.

It's the service that makes a difference :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads.

Fiona ended up signing to buy a 2009 Nissan (yay!) Murano Ti from Main North Nissan.

48000kms, deep Saphire blue. 27k drive away

Its one with the lot. Pretty impressive car.