SAU Community

Wtb - Cpv35 Dual Din Dash - Premium - Navigation - Silver [Melbourne]

Does anyone have one of these gathering dust (from an aftermarket audio project that it is never going to happen.. :/ )?

I'd like to purchase one for a CPV35, 2003, premium edition with dual A/C & navigation.

I'm aware that these are available from the USA, or locally from Chris Rogers, but thought someone might have one spare that they aren't going to use.

Good luck to both of you finding a silver double din here in Aus. Your best chance is emailing a infiniti dealer in the USA for one or two. You will have better luck. If you are after a black one you could get one off a stagea or off yahoo japan but silver is easier to source from the US

I suggest Sewell Infiniti in Texas or OC Infiniti.

Good luck to both of you finding a silver double din here in Aus. Your best chance is emailing a infiniti dealer in the USA for one or two.

^^ Agreed.. highly doubt anyone has one 'laying around', they are in demand.

I was assumming that I would have to order from the USA - however I thought there might be a small chance that someone had been clearing space & wanted to get some cash for the hardware they've never had time to install.

Do you have any recommendations on aftermarket dash kits: Scosche, Metra, Turbo etc.? They appear to be quite reasonably priced, however I'm unsure how well they fit.

Because most cars that have the silver dash have Bose and not many replace them with double din. I suggest OEM ones. All the metra type kits are tacky and do not look nice at all. I would spend the extra and get a new OEM one from the states

fyi I sold a silver double din BOSE eom with refurbished internals for $1k about 2 years ago. These things are valuable and in demand (especially if they have been refurbished), as they are continually stuffing up.

DO NOT buy any variety of Metra kit - they are junk.

I'd like to retain usage of the 7" pop-up navigation screen - these kits appear to accommodate that requirement.

All the metra type kits are tacky and do not look nice at all.

Metra has plasticky rubber buttons that just feel and look cheap.

Is preference on OEM only due to the buttons? If so, I should be able to fit the original buttons.

Or is the plastic poorly molded and cheap?

Why would you want jap buttons?? Unless you're Japanese of course...

correct-o!

Actually I speak/used-to-speak Japanese - so I prefer to keep buttons in Japanese.

You can keep the factory pop up screen when you buy an oem one. Yeah the buttons arent nice to the touch, not tactile, plastic is cheap and facia just isnt as nice its like the home brand cheapo option. And the metra kits dont come on the bright silver like your after. Upto you.

And smokeyV35 because yes only japanese pople can read japanese. I can read and configure the screen and im not japanese. Its not hard

Interesting discussion re: japanese / english for JDM cars.

I see one of the perks of purchasing a JDM car is that the car maintains it's Japanese heritage.

I'm not a fan of rebadging to infiniti logos - although I do like the Mt. Fuji based design.

Agreed. I love the japanese stickers and buttons.

I will say smokeyV35 that your center console looks awesome in the glossy/piano black, chrome temp surround and the screen. Those USDM buttons are nice (tho i prefer the jap ones) it all looks really nice and classy.

I take my hat off to you sir. But im keeping all mine factory grey for the OEM simple look.

Cant put an infinit badge on a NM35 stagea nose hahahahah. They were built a nissan and should stay that way. Dont get me wrong i love infiniti (bring on the Q50) but here its like a chev badge on a commodore

Smokey how/where did you get that black one from???

I took all the parts to a panel beater and asked him to make it look 'piano gloss black' - so it's 2pac straight black with gloss clear and lots of hardener to make it durable against normal wear and tear.