SAU Community

Genuine 9 Sec Top Secret Gold R33 Gt-R Sold Recently (As Seen In 328Km/h Highway Blast Video)

Noticed this was listed as sold on Harlow Jap Autos. This car was in a lot of option videos so I wonder how much it actually sold for given its racing pedigree and history.

All the mods list are listed so people may be interested...

http://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/TopSecretDragR.HTML

"It became famous when it appeared in the below clip from Max Power's 'Beasts from the East' video (and the later Duke Skyline GTR DVD) where it clocked over 200mph through a tunnel in Tokyo"

So turns out its the same genuine 900hp 9 Sec Top Secret R33 GT-R that clocked 328kmh on a cannonball tunnel run.

I've heard talk there is a Top Secret R33 GT-R in Australia, but musn't be the same one as seen in the cannonball run video??? So it appears the genuine Top Secret R33 GT-R that was seen in this video is still in full trim which is good to know...

It seems that some parts have been replaced since the SpeedHunters article such as turbine(s), pistons, conrods...

Nontheless, the things I would do to own such a vehicle....not only would the buyer have bought a feat of engineering, but also would have bought the rich history that comes with it (from the cars exploits on the Wangan & the Yatabe test course which is now non-existant, a place in the Mid Night Club, RH9 certification, to Tweenie Rob's ownership in the UK). I really wish one day I own the car, sucks its been sold lol.

524404_4599221505409_1626607359_n.jpg

They made more than one evidently. The guys from Japlink can clarify. This one has had a whole stack of work done to it since arriving in Australia, both before and after I drove it.

That version of the TOP SECeRT GTR was in DVS JEZ's shop. He did the tune and sorted out a few problems it had before it went to time attack.

I'm pritty sure it's on e100 too : D

We all saw it at the SAUNSW tech might at Japlink.

It still has a lot of work to do before WTAC, including a new turbo replacing the T88 from what the owner says. Also, a notable Japanese pro driver has been secured for the event by the guys.

So is that smokey's car? didn't he get it taken off him by the british police after he did 300km/h in England? I have the video of his midnight antics, its a mental beast..

We all saw it at the SAUNSW tech might at Japlink.

It still has a lot of work to do before WTAC, including a new turbo replacing the T88 from what the owner says. Also, a notable Japanese pro driver has been secured for the event by the guys.

I'm sure he will drive it to it's MAXimum :)

• 2 weeks later...

So is that smokey's car? didn't he get it taken off him by the british police after he did 300km/h in England? I have the video of his midnight antics, its a mental beast..

AngryRB, the Top Secret R33 GT-R (which is now in the U.K) in the original post and speedhunters article is indeed Smokeys old car, and is the exact same one as seen in the video in the original post. I also suspect it is the same car that did a 300km/h freeway cannonball run before the car was changed to gold.

I am not sure of the history of the one in Australia, but Chef has said it was one of Top Secret's cars...but I don't think it was immortalised in any videos. Perhaps Chef can clarify...

Smokey was in a Supra in England when he got pulled over.

I really don't know, to be honest. It was definitely built by Top Secret, after that I don't know. Judging by how tight my arse cheeks were at full throttle, it was packing more than 500Kw at the wheels when I drove it...

I really don't know, to be honest. It was definitely built by Top Secret, after that I don't know. Judging by how tight my arse cheeks were at full throttle, it was packing more than 500Kw at the wheels when I drove it...

Haha nice description!