SAU Community

Genuine 9 Sec Top Secret Gold R33 Gt-R Sold Recently (As Seen In 328Km/h Highway Blast Video)

I really don't know, to be honest. It was definitely built by Top Secret, after that I don't know. Judging by how tight my arse cheeks were at full throttle, it was packing more than 500Kw at the wheels when I drove it...

If this is the same car that had SECRT plates on it for years in Sydney, then that is incorrect.

If my memory serves correct, it was imported by a Sydney dealer, sold (for about $95k) as a 'Top Secret' car, then blew up after a couple of laps at Wakefield (I was there and a member of this forum was the one driving it when it happened), and when stripped down was found to be a stock standard RB26 with a T88 strapped to it. It was built by Advan after that and since then has been around the block with many owners, and probably had a few builds in there as well.

Might have been modified in Japan to look like it was a Top Secret car, but it sure as hell wasn't one of their demo or 'built' cars

All these questions, ask DVS Jez he tuned it, it was at his shop.

Look at the pics above the window sill DVS Tuning

He did the work on it last. So maybe ask him how much power it's making

Didn't he get it taken off him by the british police after he did 300km/h in England? I have the video of his midnight antics, its a mental beast..

That was an RB26-powered JZA80, not an R33. The 300kmh R33 run was filmed in Tokyo on the Wangan as correctly stated by the OP :)....Smokey's a funny bloke. I had a chat to him about these infamous midnight runs and his trouble with the police when i was in Chiba. He didn't say much about them, just laughed and grinned through his gold teeth hahaha.....I also managed to get him to smoke up his own 35 for me right in front of their workshop!! :D

That was an RB26-powered JZA80, not an R33. The 300kmh R33 run was filmed in Tokyo on the Wangan as correctly stated by the OP :)....Smokey's a funny bloke. I had a chat to him about these infamous midnight runs and his trouble with the police when i was in Chiba. He didn't say much about them, just laughed and grinned through his gold teeth hahaha.....I also managed to get him to smoke up his own 35 for me right in front of their workshop!! :D

Wow very nice. Awesome bloke!

If this is the same car that had SECRT plates on it for years in Sydney, then that is incorrect.

If my memory serves correct, it was imported by a Sydney dealer, sold (for about $95k) as a 'Top Secret' car, then blew up after a couple of laps at Wakefield (I was there and a member of this forum was the one driving it when it happened), and when stripped down was found to be a stock standard RB26 with a T88 strapped to it. It was built by Advan after that and since then has been around the block with many owners, and probably had a few builds in there as well.

Might have been modified in Japan to look like it was a Top Secret car, but it sure as hell wasn't one of their demo or 'built' cars

Like I said, I'm only going on what I was told. Todd from Japlink can clarify.

Why would u buy that after all the abuse the car has had, in particular the chassis, motor and drivetrain. Way cheaper building yre own GTR, better yet mimicking the Mines GTR which is a better setup for track.

and Mark Skaife would do 295km/h in his GTR 20 years ago, and that was on less of a straight length at the Bathurst track and with less modifications, so this top secret guy only mangaged 30km/h more..wow

:no:

Some of the junk posted in these threads is nothing short of stunning!

This thread is going nowhere fast. Todd at JLM put a post on Facebook with the actual facts about the current car in its current form, its going to be a beast when its done!

• 6 years later...

17 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

And it's back again 

I'm not familiar with this car at all, but geez, it's a sad looking thing now. It looks as though it's been to hell and back. 
I really hope Motive can bring it back to life and do some cool stuff with it. 

On the plus side, it looks as though we are (maybe have) arrived at the point where people are going to start pulling these out of garages (and possibly dams around the country) restoring the cars to a tidy and working state, instead of parting them all out.

It's good to see in my opinion. :)