SAU Community

Bonnet Dampers Group Buy.

NYTSKY

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested them out (thanks Braden), ball screw with damper is low enough so it doesnt bow the bonnet. :)

One thing I noticed, there are two screws in the top corner of the guard. The front one needs to be removed on each side.

Might be able to get away with not removing it if you put the bracket in between the bonnet and the hinge.

Just me being fussy.

Just tested them out (thanks Braden), ball screw with damper is low enough so it doesnt bow the bonnet. :)

One thing I noticed, there are two screws in the top corner of the guard. The front one needs to be removed on each side.

Might be able to get away with not removing it if you put the bracket in between the bonnet and the hinge.

Just me being fussy.

Hey Dave - this may help mate for Any one who got the 32 GTR dampers.

I Tried fitting them up today. Followed instructions and found something interesting.

Firstly removed the top bolt on each guard panel and then placed the damper bracket between the bonnet and the hinge and put the bolts in. (didn't use the ones supplied as they are too thin - Suggest use the original bonnet hinge bolts). The bonnet stayed about 1cm over normal (flush) for 2/3 the distance towards the front lip. I could close the bonnet completely - but only because it's flexible.

Gave it some thought and put a piece of paper over the guard into the bay where the guard bolts, hinge bolts and screw ball support was.

What I found (besides the bolts and screw ball visually not touching anything) was a nice 2cm straight cut in the paper.

Perhaps this pic explains better. I can see 2 options.

1. Grind down to the yellow line on the screw ball support in the pic or

2. Cut the panel guard.

What you do is ultimately up to you. But for me option 1 is the go which hopefully I'll get to tomorrow, if I can borrow a grinder.

Have some tips that make it a lot easier when fitting but don't have time at the moment.

Cheers

Richard

(Edit: There is sufficient metal that it will not weaken where the screw ball is)

Edited by Sinista32

Hey Dave - this may help mate for Any one who got the 32 GTR dampers.

I Tried fitting them up today. Followed instructions and found something interesting.

Firstly removed the top bolt on each guard panel and then placed the damper bracket between the bonnet and the hinge and put the bolts in. (didn't use the ones supplied as they are too thin - Suggest use the original bonnet hinge bolts). The bonnet stayed about 1cm over normal (flush) for 2/3 the distance towards the front lip. I could close the bonnet completely - but only because it's flexible.

Gave it some thought and put a piece of paper over the guard into the bay where the guard bolts, hinge bolts and screw ball support was.

What I found (besides the bolts and screw ball visually not touching anything) was a nice 2cm straight cut in the paper.

Perhaps this pic explains better. I can see 2 options.

1. Grind down to the yellow line on the screw ball support in the pic or

2. Cut the panel guard.

What you do is ultimately up to you. But for me option 1 is the go which hopefully I'll get to tomorrow, if I can borrow a grinder.

Have some tips that make it a lot easier when fitting but don't have time at the moment.

Cheers

Richard

(Edit: There is sufficient metal that it will not weaken where the screw ball is)

Interesting.

Keep us updated with how you get on with it.

Cheers

• 2 months later...