SAU Community

Project: Anything Is Possible

Birds

Hip flexors I don't find too bad as in you can give them a good stretch and they come good, the back I'd be cautious of.

Yeah I'm not sure why my left side is so sore. I assume my technique is still off as I can see I'm rounding my back. I'm going to practise with a rod tonight and make sure it's staying in contact with my head, back and tailbone as I'm pretending to deadlift. Hopefully I can fix the problem.

I'd concur with that, I used to try and use the window and it made me over extend. My session with Matt helped me get the feel for where it should be and how it will feel when the lower back is straight (the upper back can be rounded and lower back still straight, if everything is straight it puts excess stress on the lower back via leverage).

pfft. mirrors.

If this is deadlifts or squats then mirrors shouldn't be used. Looking at them while moving is contrary to what good form looks like for both.

L33SH, you should be ok without checking the back. Deads do work the lower back so occasional soreness is normal. Just check the back mobility for issues.

Edited by rev210

22/07/13

Flat Bench

25kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 2

42.5kg x 2

45kg x 1

Squats

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

45kg x 7

50kg x 2

Close Grip Lat Pulldown

30kg x 10

40kg x 10

40kg x 10

50kg x 10

55kg x 8

60kg x 2

Incline Press

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

25kg x 9

25kg x 9

30kg x 3

30kg x 3

Tricep Pushdown (double pulley)

25kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

35kg x 10

37.5kg x 8

40kg x 4

40kg x 3

Captains Chair Leg Raises

Captains Chair Knee Raises

You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about (you don't have to do this part, Dan).

Captains chair is a static machine where you support yourself in the air by your arms, then raise your legs up in front of you. It's sort of the opposite of a situp. Works hip flexors and abs + bit of hamstring stretch in there too, depending how far you bring the legs up.