SAU Community

Project: Anything Is Possible

Birds

Spine issue can give that pain for sure.

Hows the rotation and extension of the thorasic spine (upper back)? Do you have mobillity of twisting , extending etc without pain? If thats ok , then I would guess this pain is in motions where the scapular retraction or opening up of the shoulder blades causes a twinge.

Get a tennis ball against the wall and roll it over that sore spot to see if there is muscle tightness.

The shoulder girdle gets pretty beaten up by the worout shedule you have and there is no balancing movements to increase the strength the shoulder girdle . To match the increases in presseing movements. This might not be the issue right now but, consider adding something.

If your scapular retraction is being effected by this pain / weakened, then no more pressing movements for you, till it's better. You can't stabilise the shoulders well, so pressing will start causing issues elsewhere (rotator cuff)

You should be fine to recover pretty quick.

When I went to the physio I had difficulty rotating to my left side (injured side), and I still do now. I don't know what extension of the thorasic spine is so I can't comment on that.

I rolled a tennis ball over the sore spot just then but it did not cause me any pain.

Hopefully Birds can look at adding balancing movements to the workout as he has written the program I'm currently doing.

Like I said, I did my workout last night with no pain except for tricep pushdown.

I can try another physio I guess. I just want to know what muscle is injured!

Use the tennis ball as Rev said, try it on your rhomboid, roll onto it on your side for you lats, laying bodyweight on the ball.

Or, press on your chest from your collar bone ( or use the ball ), working downwards, about an inch from the sternum to see if there is any pain, explore that area. If you find the spot the pain may shoot down that tricep.

Edited by jangles

Be a strain around the thorasic spine as physio said given rotation showed up the issue. Tennis ball just to the side of the spine on the wall. See if you can find a tender spot.

Push down would cause the twinge due to the stabilisation needed and difference between each arm. One side is usually stronger so more stabilisation is needed to one side to compensate perhaps placing a twisting pressure very slightly.

I think you will be fine in no time

14/08/13

Deadlifts

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

50kg x 10

Standing Shoulder Press

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

Seated Row

25kg x 10

25kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 4

Decline Bench

30kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 6

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown

35kg x 10

35kg x 10

45kg x 10

45kg x 10

55kg x 6

55kg x 5

Bicep Curls

10kg x 10

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

20kg x 4

20kg x 4

20kg x 4

20kg x 4

Starting to get into the depression side of things, I can't even do cardio and knowing that I can't do aerobics tonight is killing me.

Looking at getting injection therapy; it's $140 but I just want to get better :(

It's not my shoulder; to me it's my lat/trapezuis muscle.. maybe a tear?

Swapping to a friends auto tomorrow because driving my car is too painful when I change to second and fourth gear.

Physio says its facet joint/thorasic spine injury, it's nearly a month now, so maybe it is joint which is why I'm looking into injections, probably steroid.

Ahh that's right, well I wouldn't imagine it'd be a quick fix.

Unfortunately these things happen and it takes time to heal, do whatever you can to help it.

Especially frustrating when you don't know exactly what the problem is.

You can still do cardio though? Jog, walk, exercise bike?

Your call, I don't much anything about that so not sure what it will do besides block the pain I assume?

Or is it supposed to fix the problem or at least prove what it is?

Injections are mainly effective as an anti inflammatory but can be used to help make a diagnosis