SAU Community

Where To Get Nissan Matic S Atf?

Hey all.

Does anyone know who stocks Nissan Matic S auto trans fluid? I am assuming that most Nissan dealers would but I am also assuming that they will charge typically ridiculous dealer prices for it. Does anyone else in Aus stock it?

Cheers

Al

I don't know if you can even get Matic S from Nissan Aus; last time I asked, I got a blank stare.

Any reason why you wouldn't use Matic J?

If you're after a full Synthetic Nissan suitable ATF; Nulon Full Synth is excellent.
Many NM35 Stagea guys have been using it for extended periods without any issues, and on high powered cars.

Apparently matic j was superseded by matic s a few years ago and Nissan recommend it. If possible I would prefer to stick with the Nissan specified fluid but if its impossible to get..........

You can import some from the Us of A. But it will be shipping not air freight, take forever, and most likely be expensive.

Or you can go down to your Nissan dealer and buy matic J, service your car, and get on with life ;)

Transgo shift kit and transmission cooler install. Be silly not to fully flush the fluid out at the same time. Car now has 40,000km on it now so I guess I could call it a service as well....

ANY nissan dealer can/will get nissan matic D/J (or XYZ!) for you. . .if i remember correctly the last one i got was approx $60 for four litres

the aftermarket equivalant was around the same price

Edited by StevenCJR31

Where are you using it then if not to service the gearbox?

Nulon synthetic is cheaper than Matic J...

Options include, but no limited to

Putting under the rear wheels, so skids can be achieved.

Running it in grandmas 87 corolla, that hasn't seen a service since GW Bush Snr toddled through Iraq the first time

Running it in my daily shopping trolleys manual gearbox because race shift fast change.

The Nismo Shop do it pretty reasonable if you buy a few bottles at a time, shipping is about $80 for 4 bottles/3.8L. If you're in WA I'm happy to split shipping with you.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/NISSAN-Matic-S-J-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid--999MP-MTS00P_p_304.html

I have just found a place here in Perth that has a 20L can with a dent in it so they'll give it to me for $50!!! Normally $350-$400. Score!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Nismo Shop do it pretty reasonable if you buy a few bottles at a time, shipping is about $80 for 4 bottles/3.8L. If you're in WA I'm happy to split shipping with you.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/NISSAN-Matic-S-J-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid--999MP-MTS00P_p_304.html

I thought they didn't ship internationally?

"This product ships UPS ground only. WE CAN'T SHIP FLUIDS INTERNATIONALLY!!!!!!!!!"

BTW I was just quoted $350 + GST ($385) from a Nissan Melbourne dealer for a 20L drum of Nissan Matic S. I want to use the right stuff but ummm... yeah, nah. Nengun sell it for $190 AUD a 20L drum but my account doesn't work and I don't know if that's shipped or not. I can also see it on Alibaba Express direct from Japan but can't get a price without an account.

My understanding is the Matic S, while a replacement for the J, is really only required for the 7 speed autos?

Mine being a 5 speed I'm going to ask if they have Matic J in stock, how much and can I use that.

Makes me wonder how old their stock is given S came around circa 2008-2009?