SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

sound deadener delete.

we also remove everything under the dash. though left the firewall heat shielding.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

This stuff at the back was too hard to get too and I didnt have a heat gun. So I left it, will get back to it another day.

IMG_1977.jpg

• Like 1

next up, more lightening.

IMG_1951.jpg

With the boot skin and hinges and lock gone. Bonnet pins now hold it all in place.

Best way to line up the holes on the bonnet, drill it from the inside...

Rear wiper motor and gear removed here as well and the radio antenna motor.

532520_10151740922527704_216824329_n.jpg

You can see the gurney fitting here and the bonnet pins in the boot. The oe lock hole was used to another bonnet pin on a bracket to hold everything down.

The gurney is just a piece of 10mm angled alloy from bunnings with slots cut in it allowing it to be bent into shape.

d3dfwfasd.png

• Like 1

This time around NSW are using the full WTAC rule book. so back to street tyres.

But! Yokohama don't have any 285 or 295's available.

So the only other option was Hankooks, z222.

In 285 they actually measure 295 and are huge on 18x10's. And Hankook be smoking as they are a 35 profile as well, very tall!

I'm working in Sydney at this stage (the day before nsw time attack). so my brother and dad are running around getting the car ready back in melbs.

i meet them in goulburn for the event.

IMG_2001.jpg

cool. yep i removed that stuff too. and if you happen to go down that road of lexan, i saved 2.5kg each door, and about 4.5kg's in the rear screen. another 2.5kg's (each) in instrusion bars if you havent removed them, ofcourse if its still a regular streeter maybe leave them there. love the car mate, keep it up.

I've seen this car a few times at various events and I am absolutely astounded/impressed at your Winton time.

I'm not saying the car isn't well sorted, but I am definitely saying that is a crazy fast time for a car with the power this has. Which is a very good indicator of how good your driving is.

Clearly all that track time has payed off and I am going about my car the entirely wrong way!

Great build thread dude. I'll come and say hi the next time I see you at Winton/DECA.

I was thinking the same thing Dan, I'm always thinking the car is holding me back, which it probably is a little but not as much as my driving.

If John can cut those lap times with the set up and power he has then there is definitely room for improvement in my driving skills.

Great work John!

My new plan is to get my car running and then let John drive it and claim the lap time as my own...

Easiest time I'll ever cut from a PB :D

More than happy to. :yes:

I was thinking the same thing Dan, I'm always thinking the car is holding me back, which it probably is a little but not as much as my driving.

If John can cut those lap times with the set up and power he has then there is definitely room for improvement in my driving skills.

Great work John!

There is always room for improvement, whether that is 0.2 seconds or 2 seconds. It's just chipping away and becoming more confident, having fun also helps!

Well maybe not after watching the crash vids... My car is still on the original shell and I have no plans to change that :D

Hats off though, great driving = great times.

Keep at it.

:rofl2:

rear seat/shelf sound deadening, fill plastic shopping bags with dry ice, race tape bags of ice into position leave for 10-15mins remove tape/bags and remove deadening with ease.

i haven't been able to get along to any days as yet this year, the progress on your car looks great!

rear seat/shelf sound deadening, fill plastic shopping bags with dry ice, race tape bags of ice into position leave for 10-15mins remove tape/bags and remove deadening with ease.

i haven't been able to get along to any days as yet this year, the progress on your car looks great!

After spending a cold few hours bashing it off the ground, tunnel and boot I was over it...lol

By the time someone told me about that method, the ice was gone.

Heat gun did an ok job, was actually present as it was freezing outside and nice and warm in the car with the heat gun.