SAU Community

Venom Catalytic Converter?

Hey all,

Just want to know if anyone has a venom cat installed on their GTT, GTS-T, or GTR?

Looking for a good high-flow metal cat. Made the mistake of getting a ceramic one, but luckily can return it. Venom cat has been recommended to me, and I just want to know any more details about it, if it's a good cat?

Website says the 5" body one is $230, but on ebay the 4"body is $250. Sooooo i don't really know what the go with the price is. I've emailed Venom though, so awaiting a reply.

Any info would be awesome thanks :D

Awesome, cheers guys.

Martin, I see you have a GTT. How much did the 5" 100 cell cost you? And I also see you've got it bolted up to a JJR dump pipe. I'm also using that dump pipe, just wondering if it's a direct bolt on to the cat, or if the flanges need to be modified to line up?

Thanks! :D

Awesome, cheers guys.

Martin, I see you have a GTT. How much did the 5" 100 cell cost you? And I also see you've got it bolted up to a JJR dump pipe. I'm also using that dump pipe, just wondering if it's a direct bolt on to the cat, or if the flanges need to be modified to line up?

Thanks! :D

From memory I paid $160... But I got mine without flanges, they weren't offering the bolt-on version when I got mine. So I guess that answers your second question as well haha. It only cost me $40 to have two flanges welded on, and that guaranteed perfect fitment.

i got a 100cell 5" body cat, with 3" inlet and outlet, was told it was a direct bolt on, for r33 and 180 apparently take the same cat...

i connected mine up with a jjr tront/dump but didnt fit, the dump pipe needed to be heated and twisted, and flanges aligned to fit,

thought it was just my car as the exhaust shop said it was the front dump rather than cat,

but my bro with his 180 had the same prob, so i think they had an issue with their cats, i did contact george about it and he was really good,, he said he'd look into their design,

even though it wasnt a direct bolt on im still really happy with it.

From memory I paid $160... But I got mine without flanges, they weren't offering the bolt-on version when I got mine. So I guess that answers your second question as well haha. It only cost me $40 to have two flanges welded on, and that guaranteed perfect fitment.

Oh ok, i just had another look and the one on ebay has the flanges on them already, whereas the ones shown on the venom website don't look like they come with the flanges.

i got a 100cell 5" body cat, with 3" inlet and outlet, was told it was a direct bolt on, for r33 and 180 apparently take the same cat...

i connected mine up with a jjr tront/dump but didnt fit, the dump pipe needed to be heated and twisted, and flanges aligned to fit,

thought it was just my car as the exhaust shop said it was the front dump rather than cat,

but my bro with his 180 had the same prob, so i think they had an issue with their cats, i did contact george about it and he was really good,, he said he'd look into their design,

even though it wasnt a direct bolt on im still really happy with it.

How long ago did you have it installed mat? Hopefully he's fixed the design. Otherwise, I could just opt for the flange-less one and get the exhaust guys to weld on some flanges like Martin did.

Oh ok, i just had another look and the one on ebay has the flanges on them already, whereas the ones shown on the venom website don't look like they come with the flanges.

How long ago did you have it installed mat? Hopefully he's fixed the design. Otherwise, I could just opt for the flange-less one and get the exhaust guys to weld on some flanges like Martin did.

ummm i think late last year somewhere around sept oct.

I also run a 5" one with 3" flanges. For the sake of an extra couple of dollars go with the 5", you want the least amount of restriction possible.

The only problem I had with my Venom Cat is I had ordered it as direct bolt on with a bung to fit the standard temp probe. George said the standard fitting they use is a larger diameter than the Nissan fitting, so I paid extra (through George) for an adapter to space it down to the correct diameter. But as it turns out that didn't work as there was no internal base to seat the probe. So in the end I haven't been able to fit the probe and wasted money in the process.

I also run a 5" one with 3" flanges. For the sake of an extra couple of dollars go with the 5", you want the least amount of restriction possible.

The only problem I had with my Venom Cat is I had ordered it as direct bolt on with a bung to fit the standard temp probe. George said the standard fitting they use is a larger diameter than the Nissan fitting, so I paid extra (through George) for an adapter to space it down to the correct diameter. But as it turns out that didn't work as there was no internal base to seat the probe. So in the end I haven't been able to fit the probe and wasted money in the process.

I noticed this as well with the previous generation of his Cats, however he supplied a step down convertor for free and it fit well when we fitted it to Ph@t-G's car.

The cat I ordered for myself now has the correct sized fitting and the OEM temp probe fits perfectly, in saying that those probes are useless :D

• 11 months later...

Thread resurrect. How do you guys go with ground clearance using the 5" Venom cat? I'm tempted to get one for my R34 GTT but I'm already scraping the smaller X-Force high flow (ceramic) I've got in there...

havent looked under my car for a while but its pretty much the lowest part i think, but i dont scrap it anywhere except one multistory, but im not sure if its the frontdump or the cat scaping and then its only a touch....
i guess if you know the height of your cat, you can work out how much lower its going to sit

Edited by MatthewT85

Thread resurrect. How do you guys go with ground clearance using the 5" Venom cat? I'm tempted to get one for my R34 GTT but I'm already scraping the smaller X-Force high flow (ceramic) I've got in there...

The cat in mine sits higher then the centre muffler, its not as big as it sounds! Mine was just the cat and flanges and we welded it into place so it may vary slightly to the off the shelf ones that are made to bolt up?