SAU Community

Project: No More Injuries...hopefully

r31slpr

Yeah hopefully nearly recovered, it's taking a long time to get there, I had already been working on this rehab stuff for a while before I started this thread.

31/10/2013

Squat: 1x5 Bar

1x8 @40

1x5 @60

3x5 @75

Mp: 1x8 @20

3x5 @32.5 Discovered that if I do them faster I don't get dizzy or as tired haha

Row: 1x8 @32.5

3x5 @52.5

Pullups: 1x4

1x1+10 negs

Thanks man, I'm never entirely happy though haha

03/11/2013

Squat: 1x8 @20

1x5 @40

1x5 @60

3x5 @80 Back was tired after this, which is a first, so deadlifts suffered.

Deadlift: 1x8 @40

1x5 @80

1x5 @110

Row: 1x8 @45

3x5 @55

Dips: 3x5

1x3

Haha yeah it's all about the volume, I'd die if I had to as much volume as leesh. That reminds me, I need to work on my aerobic fitness more.

I never usually have a problem with doing both on the same day. Only that one time. Doing the rows on the same day is usually what tires me the most, from having to hold the bent over position.

Edit: Speaking of rows, I wont be moving up in weight for a few sessions, still lacking some muscle activation in the upper back on my left side

Edited by r31slpr

Yeah they're usually pretty easy.

Had a half arsed session today. Been battling some kind of throat infection or something for the last couple days, plus I went later than normal when all the 'gym bro's' are there. Bastards kept interrupting every 30 seconds asking how many sets I've got left. So I hurried up so they could do their crappy 1/4 squats.

Also was struggling to breathe by the end of my sets because of this stupid throat thing.

So was pretty pissed off haha left after squats.

End rant

06/11/2013

Squats: 1x8 @40

1x5 @60

[email protected]

Pullups: 5

Edit: On a better note, played some basketball with mates today, squats(I'm guessing) have definitely improved my vertical leap.

Edited by r31slpr

I tend not to train if I'm under the weather as it can allow whatever you are fighting to really take hold.

My absolute numbrr 1 tip when you have any throat issues, or ears or sinuses (that isn't something obvious like hay fever) is mouth wash 2-3 times daily.

It kills so many germs, I almost never have a throat issue take hold. Otherwise I tend to mouthwash only when I remember and usually just floss/brush.

If my throat is sore however, I power through it.

Leesh, yeah I'm all good haha was having a bad day.

Dan, I usually train even if I'm not feeling the best, I've found it tends to help, so it must just be a personal preference.

This is the first time in around five years that I've had any kind of throat infection. I don't get sick very often, probably why I was in a bad mood haha

Yep mouthwash was the first thing I reached for too.

Nah it didn't get me properly, just enough to make breathing difficult when doing exercise, so assuming it was some kind of infection. Didn't go to doctor and I don't have asthma or get hay fever so not much else it could be haha my professional self diagnoses :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going to the doctor after I wasn't getting any better, was only sleeping a couple hours a night and eating one or two meals a day.

Got some meds, just finished them yesterday. Still not feeling the greatest today, but gave it a shot anyway.

17/11/2013

Squat: 1x8 @20

1x8 @40

3x5 @70

Mp: 1x8 @20

2x5 @30

1x3 @30 Was getting pretty dizzy during this so had to stop

Row: 1x8 @40

3x5 @50

Not to bad considering how crap I've been feeling, eating and sleeping