SAU Community

Project: No More Injuries...hopefully

r31slpr

Thanks leesh, hip is a little better so squat is a bit easier now

Birds, I only look in the mirror at the top or bottom of the rep, but yeah you've got a point.

I workout by myself and generally try to time my sessions so the gym is fairly empty so it will be a little difficult getting a video.

I feel fine during the rep and my movement is strict, no jerking and such, pretty sure I'm just being paranoid because that was the first time anybody has ever said anything to me about form

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the gym yesterday after a couple weeks off, shit session and had to drop the weights back a bit.

Not surprised though considering that I have done absolutely no exercise other than a couple light jogs for the last couple weeks.

My eating and sleeping habits have been shit too.

14/10/2013

Pretty disappointing session, but better than sitting around doing nothing

Squat: 1x10 bar

1x8 @40

3x5 @60

Pullups 5 + 5 negs

Row: 1x10 bar

3x5 @40

Dips: 3,5,5 First time I've done these in probably a year, shoulder felt fine which was surprising.

Thanks, I definitely need to put in more effort I think.

Today is just active recovery, I get really bad doms after having even a short break

I'd like to share something that may prove helpfull . Doms is a normal part of life.It's different to injuries or mobility issues, which deserve some attention. Make it irrelevant to your training. Don't give it any thought, it doesn't deserve it. Accept it an move on. Paying attention to it holds you back and you may find excuses not to train or lose motivation.

Don't try to avoid doms it's a waste of time. Just train correctly and accept it may or may not occur.

In the past I would sometimes not get doms and then sometimes I'd get doms along with pain that seemed like severe tendonitis , I held to instruction and trained anyway. I learnt it's nothing to worry about.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by rev210

Dan: I usually stretch and foam roll after a workout. I don't take any supplements, nothing against them, just a personal preference

Thanks rev, I know doms is nothing to worry about haha it was more of an off hand remark so I wasn't just posting one sentence. I definitely know the difference between doms and actual injury pain haha

I'm still doing what I had planned for today, which is a jog, some body weight exercises on whatever I find depending where I end up (park, gym, etc), stretches and mobility work.

My diet isn't great, but it's not too bad I guess. Could definitely be improved.

19/10/2013

Should be back to where I was by next session.

Squat: 1x8 Bar

1x8 @40

3x5 @65

Deadlift: 1x8 @40

1x8 @80

1x5 @100

Row: 1x8 Bar

3x5 @40

3x5 @45 More volume here because I was getting my form checked, it's all good :)

Pullups: 4..Meh

Thanks, still got alot to improve, will get there eventually.

21/10/2013

1x8 @40

4x5 @70 Some guy commented that I have a good squat, nice and deep. So that was good to hear.

Mp: 1x8 Bar

1x8 @20

1x5 @30

1x2 @30

1x3 @30

1x2 @30 These really need more work

Row: 1x8 @30

4x5 @50

Edited by r31slpr

Pretty much repeated my last workout today.

27/10/2013

1x8 @50

3x5 @70

Row: 1x8 @40

3x5 @50

Deadlift: 1x8 @80

1x5 @100

1x5 @110

Dips: 3x5 A little improvement here, no where near what I used to do though

Nice DL'ing and good job on the MP.

MP is a tough motion when you're getting back into it. I managed to strain a shoulder at 30kg when I started out doing it.

Take it slow and steady, Rev can also comment on some excellent assistance exercises to make sure the shoulders are healthy. His suggestions helped me fix my strain.

Thanks dan, surprisingly Mp doesn't aggravate my shoulder like other pressing does.

I think its getting better because I had to stop dips all together and now I can do them without pain, whereas before I couldn't even hold my weight on the bars without pain.

I've got no doubt my numbers will go up once I become more consistent, been missing lots of sessions due to a few reasons.