SAU Community

V36 Rev Probs, Firmware Update Anyone?

Just did some research on Nissan Techline and discovered the following:

• Techline Consultants work within the After Sales Department
  • Employed by Nissan Motor Company Australia
  • Provide diagnostic & consultative support to the Nissan Dealership Network

Techline Consultant Key Responsibilities:

• Delivering a professionalism process for all dealer technical issues & support the dealer network in delivering the highest levels of Customer Satisfaction & Fix it Right First (F1) time initiatives
  • Assist the Technical Training to Design & Develop training material and communicate with NML regarding Technical publications for the Australian market
  • Support the introduction of New Models and the unique technology through the supply of technical support, rectification & process control
  • Assist in the management of vehicle product problems - identification, investigation, definition, reporting, follow-up, dissemination of information and explanation

• 2 months later...

Just did some research on Nissan Techline and discovered the following:

• Techline Consultants work within the After Sales Department
  • Employed by Nissan Motor Company Australia
  • Provide diagnostic & consultative support to the Nissan Dealership Network

Techline Consultant Key Responsibilities:

• Delivering a professionalism process for all dealer technical issues & support the dealer network in delivering the highest levels of Customer Satisfaction & Fix it Right First (F1) time initiatives
  • Assist the Technical Training to Design & Develop training material and communicate with NML regarding Technical publications for the Australian market
  • Support the introduction of New Models and the unique technology through the supply of technical support, rectification & process control
  • Assist in the management of vehicle product problems - identification, investigation, definition, reporting, follow-up, dissemination of information and explanation

Getting in contact with techline is almost impossible through any GTR dealer in WA. FFS Nissan

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2015 at 4:28 PM, charlie200 said:

For those NZ folks... I'm going to attempt the firmware update in Auckland through a GTR accredited Nissan dealer. I've been living with the low rpm lurch for a while now and isn't too big a deal, yet. Will be interesting to see how it goes - there's a tonne of these around town now so surely i'm not the first to approach them with this.

Im guessing you never got anywhere with it? I ended up selling my V36 because the lurch pissed me off. Its a shame, they are such awesome cars.

Hey @awsam,

Trust your supper problem is long gone now. However, how much reduction in power is experienced ? Any detail you can share will be great.

Thanks mate.

How did your firmware update go @charlie200?

Cheers

On 3/30/2015 at 4:28 PM, charlie200 said:

For those NZ folks... I'm going to attempt the firmware update in Auckland through a GTR accredited Nissan dealer. I've been living with the low rpm lurch for a while now and isn't too big a deal, yet. Will be interesting to see how it goes - there's a tonne of these around town now so surely i'm not the first to approach them with this.

Edited by Elcid
spelling

31 minutes ago, Elcid said:

Hey @awsam,

Trust your supper problem is long gone now. However, how much reduction in power is experienced ? Any detail you can share will be great.

Thanks mate.

Cars been a dream since.
Slight delay in the milliseconds off the line and the point at which it changes gears is slightly different from memory.

• 1 month later...
On 21 May 2014 at 8:10 PM, awsam said:

It's almost been 2 weeks after having the update applied. The car runs 90% better, which for anyone who has the same problem is incredible!

The grunt is still mostly there, and the acceleration delay feels 50% reduced. There is no more bucking, hiccups or stuttering. A couple of times i've felt maybe 3 small bucks (like 5% of previous strength) at low gear, but only ever once while driving.

There is no more hesitation from a stopped start at all.

The anti slip control seems to be less sensitive now also.

I highly suggest anyone experiencing my issues with a 2008 V36 sedan have the update applied, even if it's just so you can sell it for more. Main North Nissan charged me $190. If you're in Adelaide, ask for Josh.

Andrew Taylor from Infiniti Melbourne was the man who made it all happen, top guy, went above and beyond for no reward other than the gratitude.

I'm so happy it's fixed, so incredibly happy. Now we can actually sell it for what it's worth :P

How can I get this update in Sydney?

who do I go to?

ive asked Infiniti Sydney and they said they can't do it and I've asked a couple of other GTR dealerships and they also can't do it. 

3 hours ago, moleman_1 said:

How can I get this update in Sydney?

who do I go to?

ive asked Infiniti Sydney and they said they can't do it and I've asked a couple of other GTR dealerships and they also can't do it. 

Don't know what else I could tell you that might help.
Im in adelaide, bugged Infiniti Melb for a while. They facilitated getting the update from japan. Which was meant to be sent to Adelaide. Nissan refused, instead held the update and sent it to TECH LINE. GTR dealership in Adelaide connected a laptop to my car. A person from TECH LINE in sydney did the update/config remotely.
Andrew Taylor from Infiniti Melbourne was the legend or helped me out in 2014.

8 hours ago, awsam said:

Im in adelaide, bugged Infiniti Melb for a while. They facilitated getting the update from japan. Which was meant to be sent to Adelaide. Nissan refused, instead held the update and sent it to TECH LINE. GTR dealership in Adelaide connected a laptop to my car. A person from TECH LINE in sydney did the update/config remotely.

If I send you a cable, would you be open to taking a dump of the ECU and send it back to me? You'll need a laptop with Windows on it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, awsam said:

So I managed to get some info on throttle body programming which can potentially resolve the issue. Is that what you had done awsam?

On 13 September 2016 at 2:23 PM, awsam said:

Also do you know the number for techline Sydney?

• 5 months later...

Tried contacting josh Kolinac from main north Nissan. He replied and said he was going to have a look as the update is stored on an older consult which is now with their IT department. But now he hasn't replied in almost 2 weeks...

stuttering issue is getting worse 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2017 at 5:49 PM, awsam said:

Give it a week and call em.

You haven't had any issues since the update right? He kinda scared me a little when he said they don't take any responsiblity if the patch damages the car. How could it possibly damage the car?

Still have the car, haven't had a single problem since. 

They told me the same thing. At that point my V36 was near undrivable, and i'd never be able to sell it so...

They told me they hooked it to a laptop, and someone from Tech Line configured it remotely from Sydney. Beyond that I have no other info for ya.
10/10 would do again.

• 1 month later...