SAU Community

V36 Rev Probs, Firmware Update Anyone?

Pretty rough IDLE, RPM range is jumping around between 1000-2000 when its idle

My car had that issue, we tried all procedures and nothing worked. I even bought two new TBs and still the same. Put all 4 TBs on another 36 but coupe manual (mines a sedan auto) and they all work. I ended up swapping with the manual as the TBs on that car worked on mine. The TBs had all the same part numbers, made by same manufacturer.

The Nissan dealership my mechanic works for told me they had the same issue with a 370Z before and their last resort was swapping TBs with other 370Zs.

And the idle relearn procedures aren't working? There are 3 processes that need to be followed in order to get the idle to relearn. If it doesn't find 650rpm + or - 100revs it won't set, in which case you most probably have a vacuum leak.

If the process works, and the idle drops, but then goes back to a high idle after you restart the engine next, you probably have an engine fault code logged in the ecu.

The rough idle, what makes it rough? Does it sound like it has lumpy cams? Is it missfiring?

hey scotty they dont let me see what the actual problem is,firstly problem was low idle when engine is warmed up.Idle used to stay below 700 RPM.So Car Dealer's Mechanic tried to fix that problem.He Cleaned TB's and he sprayed some CFC i heard which made MAF sensors gone funny or something that what i have heard.Then they took car to Nissan dealership to get that fixed ,Nissan tried to update the ECU which they couldn't get file from Japan.Then they asked for a new ECU,car dealer people bought from wrecking nissan in japan.They gave it to nissan when it arrived to put it in and fix the car.Last thursday nissan tried to fix it but they couldn't.Now nissan says they need Brand New ECU and TB's as well to fix that problem but they are not 100% sure.

hey scotty they dont let me see what the actual problem is,firstly problem was low idle when engine is warmed up.Idle used to stay below 700 RPM.So Car Dealer's Mechanic tried to fix that problem.He Cleaned TB's and he sprayed some CFC i heard which made MAF sensors gone funny or something that what i have heard.Then they took car to Nissan dealership to get that fixed ,Nissan tried to update the ECU which they couldn't get file from Japan.Then they asked for a new ECU,car dealer people bought from wrecking nissan in japan.They gave it to nissan when it arrived to put it in and fix the car.Last thursday nissan tried to fix it but they couldn't.Now nissan says they need Brand New ECU and TB's as well to fix that problem but they are not 100% sure.

i dont understand what they are trying to say now nissan says my car is fixed.I dont what they have done with it to make it okay without having any of the new parts.

My car had that issue, we tried all procedures and nothing worked. I even bought two new TBs and still the same. Put all 4 TBs on another 36 but coupe manual (mines a sedan auto) and they all work. I ended up swapping with the manual as the TBs on that car worked on mine. The TBs had all the same part numbers, made by same manufacturer.

The Nissan dealership my mechanic works for told me they had the same issue with a 370Z before and their last resort was swapping TBs with other 370Zs.

Hey just a question do u own a 250 gt Or 350 gt, I wanna know about where the idle shud sit when engine is warm ?

It should be like what scotty said 650-750. Mine sits at 700 read by my Uprev cable.

Have you got your car back? What did they do exactly?

they never told me anything the car was at nissan through the cardealer i bought car from,so i rung nissan up and asked them what exactly they have done to the car.Man who answered my call he was pretty grumpy,he was we gathered bit of information and bits and pieces so your car is fixed and sorry we cant tell you anymore about ur car.

they never told me anything the car was at nissan through the cardealer i bought car from,so i rung nissan up and asked them what exactly they have done to the car.Man who answered my call he was pretty grumpy,he was we gathered bit of information and bits and pieces so your car is fixed and sorry we cant tell you anymore about ur car.

they have just re adjusted the idle problem and gven back to me which took them 3 weeks.Now the car is with me they have put dent in mycar,retractable mirrors doesnt work when i put car into reverse and the passenger window doesnt go up with one touch.( So much hassle )

Pretty sad, they think you should be grateful they even worked on your car. Glad you got the idle re-learn sorted anyway, and didn't have to spend $1000's for a simple throttle reprogramming.

i know scotty i am giving my car back to get it fixed properly if they can't do it, i m gonna get some other car.Really hard to deal with these people.Would you be able to help me out here,i wanna get my car lowered a little bit shud i go for springs or coils ???

Any suggestions would be gr8

they have just re adjusted the idle problem and gven back to me which took them 3 weeks.Now the car is with me they have put dent in mycar,retractable mirrors doesnt work when i put car into reverse and the passenger window doesnt go up with one touch.( So much hassle )

One touch up is just a simple procedure...move the window down half way, then press and hold the window button down...continue holding for 5 seconds after the window is fully open...then pull and hold so the window goes up...continue holding for 5 seconds after the window is closed.

As for retractable mirrors, i think they might have reflashed your ECU with either a slightly different one where there was no option for retractable mirror or a setting was not turned on. My car didnt come with that option (I was told) or maybe its the settings, who knows...i cant find it....

Sad that they did not tell you what happened...it would help a lot of people...oh wells.

One touch up is just a simple procedure...move the window down half way, then press and hold the window button down...continue holding for 5 seconds after the window is fully open...then pull and hold so the window goes up...continue holding for 5 seconds after the window is closed.

As for retractable mirrors, i think they might have reflashed your ECU with either a slightly different one where there was no option for retractable mirror or a setting was not turned on. My car didnt come with that option (I was told) or maybe its the settings, who knows...i cant find it....

Sad that they did not tell you what happened...it would help a lot of people...oh wells.

Thanks colin for one touch ,i tried it yesterday these steps easy as .It works now ,as you said about retractable mirrors lets see what the car dealer says i am going there tommorow and i will see what they say

So is your idle/warm bucking problem fixed?

My idle sits 500, always dips under 400 once or twice while stopped at lights recently.

yes they have fixed idle apparently after too much drama,but nissan wudn't tell me what they did to fix my car.They said they just gathered some information and ran a diffrnt programme and its fixed now.Now idle sits around 700-800.Before my car used to vibrate when i wait on lights now its all good..

Mirrors are fixed as well apparently there is a button by my right knee that was turned off,So its all good now.